sti knob rotation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sti knob rotation within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Newbie question - I'm buying a used 2003 WRX that has the STI short throw shifter and titanium (piston) knob ...

sti knob rotation

Newbie question - I'm buying a used 2003 WRX that has the STI short throw shifter and titanium (piston) knob from the factory. However the STI logo is not straight, in fact it is quite off center. I'm hesitant to crank it really hard to tighten it to the point that the logo is straight. It would take a tremendous effort. Is there another option, such as removing the knob, wrapping the threads with some teflon tape to take up some space, then replace the knob? Or is there another technique? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump - anyone have any advice on this? Thanks in advance...

Just unscrew it and try different starting positions til it gets to the right position when it is tight.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.