options

This is a discussion on options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; heres the scoop. i have an 04 sti that is i need of a system. i have a badass deck, ...

options

heres the scoop. i have an 04 sti that is i need of a system. i have a badass deck, badasse ported box, *****in subs and amp. but considering the nature of the STI and what im going to be doing with it, i dont want all that **** in my trunk for weeight reasons nor do i want it getting damaged. i noticed there are holes for speakers on the rear deck but no speakers in them(should there be?). i am thinking i run a 2 channel amp and run some nice speakers on the deck as well as upgrade my door speakers and run a 4chanel amp on them. anyone with advice, suggestions, concerns, opinions, etc., please get at me. if anyone has ALSO tried it, what was the outcome? i will miss eefeeling my brains rattling inside my head but thee STI is for performance and i dont want to hinder its capabilities for luxuries. thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why not just sound good AND go fast? i have 2 JL12W8's in a heavy sealed box. my only complaint is the box moving around. (i havent devised a way to secure it withough drilling the floor)
    2005 STi, Fiber Images carbon hood and scoop, Syms replica upper half, Ohlins H/A DFV Coil-overs

Quote Originally Posted by nootosoob View Post
    why not just sound good AND go fast? i have 2 JL12W8's in a heavy sealed box. my only complaint is the box moving around. (i havent devised a way to secure it withough drilling the floor)
    i agree with this i have 2 Fosgate 15's in a custom box in mine. To me its worth the little bit of extra weight.
    As far as putting speakers up in the rear deck you can it might take a little modification. you may also look into one of audio integration boxes
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3