subs?

This is a discussion on subs? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know the biggest size of a sub that can fit a 2004 wrx trunk?...what sub would have the ...

moy

subs?

does anyone know the biggest size of a sub that can fit a 2004 wrx trunk?...what sub would have the nicest quality?...any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

One that provides an additional 50hp rather than weigh my car down. Thats just my opinion.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by moy View Post
    does anyone know the biggest size of a sub that can fit a 2004 wrx trunk?...what sub would have the nicest quality?...any suggestions?
    ive got 2 15" in mine in a custom box....you can fit whatever you want to but keep in mind it is extra weight(i personally didnt care). I like kicker, others like jl, the alpine type r's are pretty good.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

moy
    Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    ive got 2 15" in mine in a custom box....you can fit whatever you want to but keep in mind it is extra weight(i personally didnt care). I like kicker, others like jl, the alpine type r's are pretty good.
    yeah i hear jl is badass.

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a 15" Kicker SoloBaric that I had from my old car. They had to take the back seat out to get this box in. It just took up too much space and there was a huge frequency range left out from the door speakers to the 15". Also, it weighed too much.

I now have a 10" Memphis M3 and love it. Small box, huge sound. Less of a frequency gap between the door speaker and the sub. Still hits surprisingly low notes but not like the 15". One nice benefit of the Memphis is it's built modularly so if I somehow puncture the cone, I don't have to replace the whole sub.

i have 2 12's in a bandpass box, does take up a lot of space but i like the bass so i dont mind. but if i were ever to go to a track id take them out.