Extended Armrest

This is a discussion on Extended Armrest within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 wrx and the interior is basically stock. The middle storage area is basically useless in the ...

Lightbulb Extended Armrest

I have a 02 wrx and the interior is basically stock. The middle storage area is basically useless in the storage aspect, and is way to low to rest your arm on. I have been looking around and seeing these "extended armrests." What model wrx's were these on and how do i get one?? If i do get one will it bolt right up to my wrx? It just seems like they would be a lot more convenient. If anyone has done this or knows anything about it help would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a factory option. Will bolt right up to your existing center console. Remove the two screws, and install the extension setup.

If you look around you should be able to find it cheaper than this, but this is the first link I found.
    SubaruPartsDirect.com || "Subaru Parts" at Less Than Dealer Wholesale

I bought one for all the same reasons you're looking for it. Installed in about 5 minutes, looks stock (cus it is), and is quite worth it.

The additional storage isn't as much as you'd think. The cavity is actually pretty shallow. I store my iPod in mine when not in use, and it seems like it's only about 2 iPods deep. Granted, the iPod I leave in the car is a really old thick clunker (iPhone stays with me), but the point is that the cavity is only maybe 2" deep.

Works great as an armrest though!
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread