Sti Limited Interior
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sti Limited Interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking to get the limited sti interior for my wrx. I saw it on one of the limited ...

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar

Sti Limited Interior

I am looking to get the limited sti interior for my wrx. I saw it on one of the limited sti's at the dealer by me and fell in love.(I am talking about the kinda bumpy matte type finish)

Does anyone know where I can get this(I found one site, but looking for used), or has anyone done the swap before. I would want to get the center like around the hvac, the part around the top vents and the bottom part were the ash tray and shifter are.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by boardinshorty81; 12-10-2008 at 12:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Or you could paint the pieces you already have in your car flat black like lots of people have done

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Or you could paint the pieces you already have in your car flat black like lots of people have done
    Well now I feel stupid. I mean I am kinda going for that texture of the limited pieces, but now painting it might be an option.

Good call

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can still get the texture. Look up crinkle paint or you can plasti-dip.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Plasti-dip:

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Plasti-dip:

Do you have to primer it first before you do that?

yeah, I used plasti-dip on my 02 dash console and vent rings to get rid of that ugly silver trim. It felt and looked too much like a neon hah. I'm going to redo mine next spring, but it turned out great. I just went a little too heavy in one section.

If you're using plasti-dip just make sure to keep the coats a little on the light side.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You don't have to, but you can. There is a specific kind of primer you have to use.

Can someone explain this a little better to me? I want to do this too, but i could use a tutorial, like materials, how many cans it took, primers, did you dip or spray blah blah, Thanks!

Now that im looking at this plasti dip stuff, im surprised i didnt hear about this sooner. The damn gray part around the shifter and all the way up the middle by the vents scratch so freaking easily and it looks like crap. My car is about a year old and it has scratches on it and i try to be careful.

Although, since the part on the 06-07 is plastic...im wondering is maybe just a can of Krylon Fusion or duplicolor plastic paint might achieve the Limited look like here

Last edited by Slider; 12-10-2008 at 03:08 PM.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

well other than the center part, has anyone found the door cards or anything else?

It may seem like a waste, but I really would like to convert the whole inside of the car too look like the picture posted. Right now I have the tan leather interior so it would be a bit of conversion.

Found some good paint if you dont want to use black to paint the middle piece from being silver and want it to match the top of the dash.

VHT SP982 - VHT Plastic Paint - JEGS
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Found some good paint if you dont want to use black to paint the middle piece from being silver and want it to match the top of the dash.

VHT SP982 - VHT Plastic Paint - JEGS
    O that looks good...

Nice find. So that is just like the dash right? With the texture and everything?

So it looks like the STI ashtray/shifter panel fits right into the WRX, right?

Man, I wish I could find the leather seats...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    So it looks like the STI ashtray/shifter panel fits right into the WRX, right?

Man, I wish I could find the leather seats...
    Yea it is defiantly the same paneling. Yea that leather seats look good. I have the tan ones, but now I am lookin to get the black ones with the embroidered sti.

Quote Originally Posted by boardinshorty81 View Post
    O that looks good...

Nice find. So that is just like the dash right? With the texture and everything?
    Not sure it will texture the silver part, if you look at the STi limited interior it isn't textured, its just black like the WRX, just silver.

Now the color of the paint when i saw the swatch looked like the part that is textured, the darker gray. I just ordered some and plan to spray the center plastic pieces.

BTW Anyone know how to get the ring off the vents?
    Last edited by Slider; 12-11-2008 at 11:15 AM.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast