Will this work as a ground?

This is a discussion on Will this work as a ground? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm in the process of installing a kenwood KSC-SW10 underseat sub in my new 09 WRX. I've already run the ...

Will this work as a ground?

I'm in the process of installing a kenwood KSC-SW10 underseat sub in my new 09 WRX.

I've already run the wires from behind the HU down through the center console and under the carpet to the bottom of the drivers seat. The connector I had for my ground wire was not large enough to fit on one of the seat bolts but I noticed one of the bolts that holds the hand brake in place connects directly to the metal frame of the car, and the bolt was small enough for the ground connector to fit on, so I tied my ground to that bolt.

So long story short will that connection make a decent ground?

The sub has a max of 150Watts and max draw of 8amps.

This maybe a better question... How will I know if my ground is causing problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see where that ground would be an issue. As long as it mounts to the frame/chassis you should be golden. As far as knowing if it cuases problems common sense will be your best bet. By this I mean simple observation. I.E. Does the sub work? Any sort of distortion or loss of clarity in sound? Loudness where it should be? If all else fails you could test it with a voltometer and refrence your readings with the tech specs from Kenwood.