honeymoon is over, need backup cam

This is a discussion on honeymoon is over, need backup cam within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, I love my 09 wrx sedan and we'll be together for many years but the honeymoon is over. I ...

honeymoon is over, need backup cam

ok, I love my 09 wrx sedan and we'll be together for many years but the honeymoon is over.

I don't like the runup so fast in first gear.
    The climate control is annoying,
    The uncommanded increase in RPM in traffic and parking lots is strange - anyone else experiencing this (rock it a couple of times in first and push the clutch to the floor and it revs to 1500?)

And I can't see anything out the back - now I know what a spoiler is for - to spoil an already not so great view out the back.

Now, you can spend $97-$250 on a wireless backup cam and easily $1500 at Car Toys for a replacement stereo with navi and backup cam (with same crappy stick on camera). Anyone have experience/advise to share? I'm leaning towards self installed wireless backup cam after spending a grand on winter wheels and tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subieflyer View Post
    ok, I love my 09 wrx sedan and we'll be together for many years but the honeymoon is over.

I don't like the runup so fast in first gear.
    The climate control is annoying,
    The uncommanded increase in RPM in traffic and parking lots is strange - anyone else experiencing this (rock it a couple of times in first and push the clutch to the floor and it revs to 1500?)

And I can't see anything out the back - now I know what a spoiler is for - to spoil an already not so great view out the back.

Now, you can spend $97-$250 on a wireless backup cam and easily $1500 at Car Toys for a replacement stereo with navi and backup cam (with same crappy stick on camera). Anyone have experience/advise to share? I'm leaning towards self installed wireless backup cam after spending a grand on winter wheels and tires.
    A grand on winter wheels and tires? That's gonna be some cheap wheels and tires. Cost me $1100 for JUST the 18" tires for my stock 08 STI. Are the stock WRX tires 17s? Not going to be much cheaper, and I got Dunlop Wintersport M3s....

For stereo, I picked up a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT for my STI (will fit your WRX just fine) for $350 after eBay's Live cashback. You can get the backup cam for that unit for under $120 after cashback, so you'd be quite happy with that. Check out the thread I JUST made on the unit (sans camera) here:

Woohoo! First 08 STI mod installed!
    2010 SSM STI