Headlights - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Headlights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; not really. i'm running those cheap ebay lights and they work just fine. i had to replaced them once due ...

not really. i'm running those cheap ebay lights and they work just fine. i had to replaced them once due to cracks from my over wattage ballasts, but they work just fine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    what did you order? Cause the only thing that sucks is taken my headlights off and not having my car for sometime. I would love the jdm headlights but i cant afforad a grand. I like his stock replacements. I just wish he had them ready to ship.
    I ordered the angel eyes, and hid kit / harness / wiring and it cost me 315 with shipping. I didn't want to have downtime with my car so i didn't do the jdm conversion. I honestly don't know a lot about it so i figured HID'S are good enough for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Their "jdm" lights, you all do know, are the HID conversion to jdm lights, not converting yours to jdms, right?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I just wish i new what i want.... So the best way is to buy a new pair of GOOD stock lights. and get the tfx package with the harness but i want the jdm look.... I will call him monday and see how much it will all be.......

I'm not sure what the JDM stuff is i have an 06 wrx, and i didn't want to send him my lights since i would have down time. All i'm saying is he's a really nice guy and i would buy from him again.

from my understanding is that the back housing is just painted black (reflectors)

are you talking about the jdm lights or just stock usdm lights that are painted black? huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by taerron View Post
    are you talking about the jdm lights or just stock usdm lights that are painted black? huge difference
    Could you clear this up for me? What is the difference? JDM lights have better projectors? but what are the projectors and what do they do? I read the forums and asked him, but i didn't really understand it completely.

jdm lights have RHD(japan) projectors in them and the other ones are just stock lights are have pieces of them painted black.

one is a projector and the other is a reflector. most people who retro the jdm lights yank out the crappy projector and place a real HID projector in them. something like a tsx or s2k retro is the most common, but other ones will fit if you cut enough of the bracket away

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ Agreed..

JDM Style:

USDM Style (just painted black + HID retro):

Last edited by Rogan; 11-09-2008 at 06:06 AM.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

i guess i dont even understand how that works. do you have to pay for the amber removal, angel eyes, custom painting, and retrofitting all individually? then do you pick Acura TSX or Honda S2000 conversions? sorry i just dont know...

Your correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.