Footwell Illumination Kit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Footwell Illumination Kit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed the red kit yesterday. I replaced the blue LED in the center storage area with a red ...

I just installed the red kit yesterday. I replaced the blue LED in the center storage area with a red one.

It is part:66237SA120 Lamp Pocket
    I found it at Subaru Parts Warehouse - Subaru Parts - Subaru Performance Parts
    You can probably get it at your local dealership instead, if you prefer.

It took 30 minutes to install. My girlfriend had smaller hands than me making it easy for her to feed the cord. No body panels were removed.

Dartholomew on NASIOC has an awesome post with pics on how to install it. How do you install the Footwell Illumination Kit (H201SSC000) in the '09 FXT/WRX/STI? - Page 4 - NASIOC

I made one small change to his. I installed the drivers side light with the bracket above the hole instead of under. It is similar to the passenger side light installation. I used a socket wrench with an extender for the passenger side since it was impossible to hold onto the nut any other way. A pliers was fine for the driver's side.

The site I ordered from had good prices on the kit too. Even though you have to pay shipping, it kind of is like paying tax. Plus I ordered some other stuff too making it more worthwhile. It will probably take a few days for them to ship it since they had to order the red LED from another warehouse.

Hope this helps anybody interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is there a way to get this on previous gens? ie bugeyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashome View Post
    Thats what I thought, but the guy at the dealership goes "of course they are not on while driving, that would be a distraction". Looks awesome, I will prolly pick some up.

Is the install super easy for the wrx? It looks like they have the wiring set up for something down there already, but I was not sure if thats what it was for. I figured I would ask since the spt exhaust installation directions were nonexistent, not that they are really needed.

Does it also change the color from blue to red in the storage area between the footwells?
    Hey, i put them in my wrx like 6 months ago and it super super easy to install. You wire it through the light in the middle of the dash is super ease..With directions takes it like 20 min. Only problem that i saw was mounting on the passenger side, but just bolted to an existed screw..
    *You car might be faster then mine, but my bike will smoke you any day *

Stink-Eye-Mob#5

Not to bring back an old thread, but does anyone know what type of lights these are? My 09 wrx came with the blue and I have red led's that I have sort of ghetto rigged in the back seats and it looks cool having the blue in front and red in back.

So what I am wondering is what type of light they are because I would like to purchase the same type in red, I also know nothing about wiring these but my buddy does, so I am wondering if it is possible to splice the wire so that I could have all 4 lights turn on, I would plan on wiring these ones to the front ones. Sorry if this is confusing at all.

My 2011 base wrx came with a red cubbyhole light.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I really want to add this acc. in my 2011 WRX. I want the red so it matches the dash lights.
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

I'm ordering the red kit today for my 2011 WRX, just wondering does anyone know if the kit also includes lights for the cupholders?? The dealer told me it did but it doesn't say in the product description and I haven't heard anyone on here mention it yet :S haha

My footwell kit didn't come with cupholder illumination. Didn't know that was available!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    pretty easy- everything is plug and play- no wiring, you do have to remove a few dash pieces (to make it easier to access)

no- but there is a replacement for that console light- it's the oe STi one (red)- I'd recommend doing that at the same time as they share part of the same harness
    Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    My footwell kit didn't come with cupholder illumination. Didn't know that was available!
    are you talking about the console light or something else? the console light can be changed to red (in 09 anyways it was blue) by swapping in the console light from the STi
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    yeah, same here. i bought and installed mine (red) and it only had 2 small lights, one for each footwell.

install was pretty easy. having an extra hand to help pass the harness through from one side to the other is a big help.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.