Paint looks dull
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Paint looks dull within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was walking back to my car today and noticed that my paint looked really dull. I looked at all ...

Paint looks dull

I was walking back to my car today and noticed that my paint looked really dull. I looked at all the cars parked next to me and you could see refections in all of them.....my car not so much. I have a 2004 PSM WRX. I always took care of it so i'm not sure why it looks so blah. I washed and waxed at least twice a month. Is there anything I could do to maybe help bring some shine back? I only ask because i don't know too much about detailing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hopefully the wax you've been using isn't a cleaner wax with abrasives... those actually take a very small amount of clear coat off each time. But that would take ALOT of waxing to make dull... Granted suby paint sucks...

Try a claybar and then like meguiars NXT wax...??

Theres a car detailing forum/thread on here...search and check that out...they know ALOT.

Redline927 and cavallino333 both seem to know alot.. they helped me out a while back.

I've been using NXT for wax so I guess i'm safe on that. I was thinking about trying a claybar actually. I've never done it but I've heard most people get good results with them.

NXT actually does have a mild abrasive in it.

Claybar will smooth out finish so it should feel like glass
    A polish is abrasive but should help the shine soo look in to that
    try a 100% carnuba wax for no abrasives such as meguairs professional #26 yellow wax is easily available at like autozone...

Preferably One GOOOD detail should go as follows and should help finsih:

Wash/dry
    Clay Bari
    Cleaner Wax
    Polish
    Carbuba Wax (2 Coat)
    Synthetic Wax (1 or 2 coat)

Thats what I do like twice a year....
    Last edited by corybb; 10-30-2008 at 04:35 PM.

one of the reasons why i sold my wagon was becasue the paint was so dull, it was a 05 in 06 with 19k miles on it, always took care of it, the paint was so bad i couldnt deal with it, so traded it!
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.