Paint looks dull

This is a discussion on Paint looks dull within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was walking back to my car today and noticed that my paint looked really dull. I looked at all ...

Paint looks dull

I was walking back to my car today and noticed that my paint looked really dull. I looked at all the cars parked next to me and you could see refections in all of them.....my car not so much. I have a 2004 PSM WRX. I always took care of it so i'm not sure why it looks so blah. I washed and waxed at least twice a month. Is there anything I could do to maybe help bring some shine back? I only ask because i don't know too much about detailing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hopefully the wax you've been using isn't a cleaner wax with abrasives... those actually take a very small amount of clear coat off each time. But that would take ALOT of waxing to make dull... Granted suby paint sucks...

Try a claybar and then like meguiars NXT wax...??

Theres a car detailing forum/thread on here...search and check that out...they know ALOT.

Redline927 and cavallino333 both seem to know alot.. they helped me out a while back.

I've been using NXT for wax so I guess i'm safe on that. I was thinking about trying a claybar actually. I've never done it but I've heard most people get good results with them.

NXT actually does have a mild abrasive in it.

Claybar will smooth out finish so it should feel like glass
    A polish is abrasive but should help the shine soo look in to that
    try a 100% carnuba wax for no abrasives such as meguairs professional #26 yellow wax is easily available at like autozone...

Preferably One GOOOD detail should go as follows and should help finsih:

Wash/dry
    Clay Bari
    Cleaner Wax
    Polish
    Carbuba Wax (2 Coat)
    Synthetic Wax (1 or 2 coat)

Thats what I do like twice a year....
    Last edited by corybb; 10-30-2008 at 03:35 PM.

one of the reasons why i sold my wagon was becasue the paint was so dull, it was a 05 in 06 with 19k miles on it, always took care of it, the paint was so bad i couldnt deal with it, so traded it!
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi