car battery?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car battery? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone know a good car battery that wont leak acid? im running 2 amps in my car right now with ...

car battery?

anyone know a good car battery that wont leak acid? im running 2 amps in my car right now with an alpine head unit. when i bought the car the battery was already leaking and the batt. mount is covered with white fluff...
    does anyone know a good car battery that can handle amps, speakers and a bass?
    also how do i clean the battery mount?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

id have to say get a Optima Yellow top.

whats the difference between the yellow and red?
    and whats the price range for them? i went to the web site but it didnt say

Quote Originally Posted by sicksynergy View Post
    whats the difference between the yellow and red?
    and whats the price range for them? i went to the web site but it didnt say
    yellow tops are deep cycles and run about 200 bucks. blue top are marine and red are just regular i think but all of the are gel batteries and have good cold cranking amps.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Registered User Garrian_Guitars's Avatar
    I just relocated my battery and picked up a Red Top for it. I'm running two amps, subs, and an LCD head. For $150 I love it. It runs everything very well and has tons of cranking amps (more than the yellow). At $50 less than a yellow I couldn't see spending the extra. I wouldn't go Yellow unless I was sitting with the car off for long periods of time with the stereo crankin'. So if you like to sit and listen, go Yellow, if you drive and crank it, Red is great.

Cheers

=D alright thanks guys ill make sure to look into it

hrmm but now the problem is... does anyone know how to clean battery acid off of the clamp that holds the battery down? its like overed with white.... spew?

2 parts baking soda 1 part water. nuetralizes the acid.

+1 and a wire brush cleans it all up nice and new.

I actually just did mine and it's a leaker, time for a new battery.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.