People with 02 mesh fog covers, question for ya
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on People with 02 mesh fog covers, question for ya within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am going to buy these eBay Motors: 02 03 Subaru WRX Impreza GD8 Fog Light Covers 2.5RS (item 130260499500 ...

People with 02 mesh fog covers, question for ya

I am going to buy these
    eBay Motors: 02 03 Subaru WRX Impreza GD8 Fog Light Covers 2.5RS (item 130260499500 end time Oct-11-08 17:09:26 PDT)
    but I wanted to ask, do they still project the light through them very good. Or does it really cut the projection down?
    Let me know
    Ryan
    Last edited by shamrock; 10-09-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Create an JDM Street Racer Look

anyway, i'd assume it wouldnt project as well since the holes are so tiny.

i dont think that most people actually keep their fogs hooked up though. i think most people get them for looks rather than functionality.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

imo, i wouldn't get them. just because they are easy to steal and there is a lot of theft around here. don't know about your area, but i guess if you like them, than get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

I Support ClubWRX
    I have them on my car ( not those particular units, but similar ), and the lights work fine through the screen.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I have them on my car ( not those particular units, but similar ), and the lights work fine through the screen.
    Same here,they work .
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

they worked just fine. in fact, it saved my foglight when i had a close encounter with a jack rabbit at about 75mph. i used hex screws on my covers, not as easy to steal if you can't unscrew them. either way, the main reason why i got rid of them and went with a rockblocker cover is.... are you planning to take them off everytime you wash your car? they get caked with dirt and bugs and crap, all the stuff that will cut your light output. you can't just wipe off your foglight anymore. you can clean the screen, but to clean the lights themselves, well you get the picture.

ps. they look mad jdm!!! jk

foglight screens

I've had them for 5 years. They are a matter of personal preference vs. rockblocker. I take mine off once a year to clean the lenses. Light comes through just fine. I run PIAA yellows for bulbs.

Honestly, yes, they do cut down the light output a bit.

I'd say really 25% less output as fog lights are supposed to have a wide/close beam pattern, and those bezels do narrow that pattern.

I'm actually gonna making the "holes" larger because mine are crap replicas anyways... (build quality, the shape is exactly oem)

brackets

anyone know where to find or how to make brackets for the mesh fog light covers on an 02

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.