Greddy Oil Filter sandwich Adapter

This is a discussion on Greddy Oil Filter sandwich Adapter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ordered a Prosport oil pressure gauge and i am planning on using the sandwich adapter. I was wondering if ...

Question Greddy Oil Filter sandwich Adapter

I ordered a Prosport oil pressure gauge and i am planning on using the sandwich adapter.
    I was wondering if i could use this greddy sandwich adapter with my prosport gauge?
    Also, will i have to modify anything to install it on my 07 wrx?
    I also want to know if i should even go with the sandwich adapter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun Dun View Post
    I ordered a Prosport oil pressure gauge and i am planning on using the sandwich adapter.
    I was wondering if i could use this greddy sandwich adapter with my prosport gauge?
    Also, will i have to modify anything to install it on my 07 wrx?
    I also want to know if i should even go with the sandwich adapter?

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I can help you figure it out for yourself. You need to find out what threads your oil pressure sender uses (probably 1/8-27 NPT, since it's american) and what threads the sandwich adapter uses (probably 1/8-28 BSPT, since it's japanese), obviously they need to match.

I seem to remember some people with hawkeyes reporting that they had difficulty installing a sandwich adapter because the exhaust manifold heat shield interfered. I'd research that a little.

If oil pressure is the only gauge you are installing, I would just use the gallery plug under the alternator that is currently occupied by the stock idiot light sensor. It's a super easy install:
    Buy this: Subaru oil galley plug-Prosport Gauges
    Remove the alternotor.
    Remove the stock sensor. (it's huge, like 22mm I think, I just used an adjustable wrench)
    Remove the stock oil gallery plug adapter (its threads are BSPT) (17mm)
    Install new parts in reverse order.
    There is also a gallery plug in the rear of the block, under the intercooler, but it is much more difficult to access on your car because space is tight and there are some lines in the way.
    Also, FYI if you unplug the stock low oil pressure warning light sensor the light will never come on, but you don't really need it since you have an after market oil pressure gauge now anyway.

i am installing a boost and oil pressure gauge in the dash bezel pod. I just figured a sandwich adapter would be easier but if they suck i will just go with a galley plug
    ?

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun Dun View Post
    i am installing a boost and oil pressure gauge in the dash bezel pod. I just figured a sandwich adapter would be easier but if they suck i will just go with a galley plug
    ?
    Like I said, the sandwich adapter is probably easier, but you may have fitment issues with your 07 wrx.

Registered User Prosport Gauges's Avatar
    Prosport has a sandwich plate adaptor for about 1/2 the price of the Greddy. We use it on our 504HP STI and it works flawlessly. Thye are easy to install and we sell thousands of them. We have a video on youtube detailing the install do a search "prosport oil filter adaptor plate" on youtube to watch it. The 2007 model is alittle tight but they do fit. If you only have the OP gauge and no plans for an oil temp, then the oil galley plug is less expensive. If you have our performance series gauge (the sender is larger than premium series) then you want the oil press. relocator kit. Give us a call if you need more advice as we are very knowledgable about Subarus.