taking off wrx wing want to fill holes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on taking off wrx wing want to fill holes? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to fill my holes from my wrx wing and then paint it. what should i do this with ...

taking off wrx wing want to fill holes?

i want to fill my holes from my wrx wing and then paint it. what should i do this with is the trunk lid aluminum? i can do my own painting and body work. so thays no prob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your best bet is to swap lids and torsion bars with someone that wants the winged lid instead, each of you keeping only your locks. Since you can do your own body work without problems you'll have noted by now that the lid is not aluminum, but it's still not really worth messing with if you can arrange a swap.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    New to the forum

reference my 2nd post

and please use the wonderful super duper search feature, as it will help answer any questions you have.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Your best bet is to swap lids and torsion bars with someone that wants the winged lid instead, each of you keeping only your locks. Since you can do your own body work without problems you'll have noted by now that the lid is not aluminum, but it's still not really worth messing with if you can arrange a swap.
    yeah but the thing is that the kid who had it before me didnt take care of it so iys in bad shape and nobody is gonna want it>

Registered User Garrian_Guitars's Avatar
    I don't know your access to a MIG welder or your proficiency with one, but if you can get it and know how to use it it's a fairly easy task. That's what I did with mine. You can either cut patch pieces of sheet steel and weld them in, or you can build up material with rosette welds to fill the holes. The first is the ideal answer, but the second will work. I'm not going to spend a lot of time with details on how to do it, if you want them I would be more than happy to write details. It took me about a day and I painted the whole trunk because I had to fix some dings and a mysterious key scratch No one can tell it was ever "wing equipped", looks 100% stock.

Just throwing out other options and the "right" way to do it without a kind fellow who's willing to trade. This will allow you to use your body work skills to freshen up your "bad shape" trunk as I did.

try your luck look for someone to trade with you makes it alot easier
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

This is what I did.....

1: Removed the WRX wing

2: Got some blue masking tape (painters tape)

3: Ripped off some tape and put it tightly under the holes inside the trunk.

4: Got some duct tape and put it over the masking tape so no water can leak in

5: Now close your trunk, and you'll see the tape (stickey side up of course)

6: Then drive to your local subaru dealer and buy some touch up paint for your specific car color. ($10)

7: Finally add layers of the touch up paint on top of the holes where the tape is and.... TADA!! Wingless trunk!

Ive had it on my car for a couple weeks now and no leaks what so ever. and it has rained alot! i live in Washington

do you have pictures of it..because that sounds like a good idea, but i dont want it to look like booty

Quote Originally Posted by Subietastic View Post
    This is what I did.....

1: Removed the WRX wing

2: Got some blue masking tape (painters tape)

3: Ripped off some tape and put it tightly under the holes inside the trunk.

4: Got some duct tape and put it over the masking tape so no water can leak in

5: Now close your trunk, and you'll see the tape (stickey side up of course)

6: Then drive to your local subaru dealer and buy some touch up paint for your specific car color. ($10)

7: Finally add layers of the touch up paint on top of the holes where the tape is and.... TADA!! Wingless trunk!

Ive had it on my car for a couple weeks now and no leaks what so ever. and it has rained alot! i live in Washington
    No offense, but this is ghetto. I wouldn't expect this to last very long.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by LIV 2 RLY View Post
    No offense, but this is ghetto. I wouldn't expect this to last very long.
    agreeed!
    o4 wrx cobb stage2

07sti and 05wrx trunk lid swap

Are these two trunk lids compatible of swapping?. I have a 07 sti wid wing and want to swap with a 05 wrx

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yes. they are compatible

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

i have a 04 silver wrx if you wunna trade trunks..it only has the 4 instead of the 1000 holes on the sti trunk

how far are you from NY? Not sure if it will fit though I do have an sti wing trunk on my 02 bugeye it is silver also.

ahhh damn..im in the chicago area, i thought 02-05 were the same trunk styles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast