Oem car alarm problems!!!!!

This is a discussion on Oem car alarm problems!!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2004 WRX and the alarm finally went out. I mean it still beeps but the markers lights ...

Oem car alarm problems!!!!!

I have a 2004 WRX and the alarm finally went out. I mean it still beeps but the markers lights don't flash anymore only on the third time when you press it to lock will it flash three times. Before, when i locked the car, if you were to hit the car anywhere or even the wheel itself the horn would sound twice to warn the intruder. Now it doesn't do it anymore. So i was wondering where in the car do they keep the alarm system at like a fuse or somthing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

99% sure that your valet mode is on; when you get in the car does a red light in dash flash "Security"?

All the symptoms you described fit valet mode; I think if you hold unlock and lock together for two seconds with the door open it should fix it. If thats not right, its in the manual, but I think it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx View Post
    99% sure that your valet mode is on; when you get in the car does a red light in dash flash "Security"?

All the symptoms you described fit valet mode; I think if you hold unlock and lock together for two seconds with the door open it should fix it. If thats not right, its in the manual, but I think it is.....
    wow thanks that worked out great thought i had to get a new one for a sec there...again thanks for your help!!

i got the opisite problem..lol mine always flashes but only beeps when it wants too... it just lazy i think but... anyone know whats with that.. maybe a short wire...??.

Glad I could help.

My alarm would do the same thing, never got an explanation for why it would beep sometimes and not others. I heard this is a common problem....

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    my car will always beep when i lock it but when i unlock it, it will beep whenever it wants to.

there is a sensor in the front grill i believe and if that gets wet- it wont work

i heard that dealerships WILL cover this under warranty and replace the sensor free of charge.

i'm way too lazy to drive down there and get it fixed though.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.