Autometer gauges?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Autometer gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, ive been searching, but cant seem to find any good reviews on gauges.....ive been on various sites and i ...

Autometer gauges?

Hey, ive been searching, but cant seem to find any good reviews on gauges.....ive been on various sites and i think im going to go with a set of autometer gauges.....the carbon fiber series just looks so nice, while still being affordable....im goin with EGT(cant afford an A/F), boost pressure, and oil pressure gauges

Anyone have these who can give me some input?

also, does the stock pipe you mount the egt to come with a flange?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i used to own an autometer pro sport egt and it was not very acturate nor responsive. could have been just my luck, but my new egt is 100x better. i no longer have any autometer gauges cause to me they just didn't look bright enough

what stock pipe are you talking about? i wouldn't bother putting into the uppipe or the downpipe. you will not get true readings. some will argue that you need 4 to get a more precise reading, but you should tap into your exhaust manifold near cy 2. like i said, plenty of people will argue where and why. up to you in the end
    Last edited by taerron; 10-04-2008 at 03:41 AM.

Yeah, thanks for the reply....now i just cant decide between Auto Meter and STRI x-line....i know STRI is said to be a better company, but x-line is their lower series gauges.....i dont really care about the price difference(its only about $30), i just want the better gauges

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Old autometer gauges with the bulb backlight are crap, and they are old technology..... and they don't look good at night.

The newer, LED style backlit gauges are quite nice, new technology, and very effective. I know, I have 9 of them.

Don't get the carbon fiber.... get the C2, Cobalt, Nexus, NV, etc.

Check out there website:
    Auto Meter - Gauges

Read the illumination notes.... if it's LED, you'll be ok..... lit with a bulb? It's crap.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

why not the carbon fiber?.....isnt it the same product, just different casing?

Pretty much the same but the blacklighting has changed alot in Autometer in the last years. Personally I never heard anything bad about Prosports. And their price is unbeatable. Plus they match nicely with the WRX interior.

If youre set on Autometer Im not going to sway you though. I just think there are other alternatives.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

I was almost going to buy prosports just because of their price, but ive heard nothing but bad things of them here and on nasioc.....i really dont know what to get now....im still leaning towards the STRI-xline gauges

i went with the omori gauges. they match very well to the 02 or the 04 gauge cluster and look almost perfect at night too. i only have a day shot of mine

the colors on and off are really good

Lookin good. Clean and not ricey. +1
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

Nice, so anyone have anyhting good or bad to say about the STRI x-line gauges?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.