Floor mat soaking wet, causes?

This is a discussion on Floor mat soaking wet, causes? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drive an 02 WRX and lately my driver side floor mat gets soaking wet between drives. This happens whether ...

Floor mat soaking wet, causes?

I drive an 02 WRX and lately my driver side floor mat gets soaking wet between drives. This happens whether it's raining or not, and condensation fills the car overnight. Since it happens even in dry conditions I don't think it's a window leak. Any possibilities?

M.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really horny GF?
    "I am Bullrock, and I have lots and lots of powers"

へおひってしりつぼめ "There is no use scruntching up your buttocks after a fart"

I Support ClubWRX
    Next time you drive do NOT use the A/C or the defroster. What happens then?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Next time you drive do NOT use the A/C or the defroster. What happens then?
    I was thinking the same thing. Heater core?
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Heater core?
    Possibly but that'd smell of coolant. Might be condensation from the A/C, or a leaking water line if there is a rear-mounted I/C sprayer reservoir (I doubt this). What's confusing is that it's on the driver's side and not the passenger's.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

A/C condensation? Leaking weatherseal? Even if it's not raining there could still be some seepage. Try spraying the car in the front windshield area with a garden hose. Take a look inside. Any drips or wetness?

leak

heater lines securely fashioned on the firewall? Have you monitored your coolant level...should this even be a suspect?

Does your car have a sunroof? I have had problems in previous cars where sunroof vents clog and water gets on the pass floor.

i have kind of the same problem but its right behind the passanger seat in my wagon it usually after it rains or its wet in the snow any ideas

I Support ClubWRX
    Gentleman do you have clogged AC drain lines? You know the little lines on the firewall next to the downpipe.
    If you use the defroster, your A/c is on. If your drain line is clogged, the condensation must go somewhere.
    If it is clogged, it will leak back.

Also if you park outside a lot under trees, make sure your windshield cowl is free of built up debris.

How good are your door seals?

Also Heater core, but it would be green and sweet smelling.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxwrx View Post
    i have kind of the same problem but its right behind the passanger seat in my wagon it usually after it rains or its wet in the snow any ideas
    this my issue in my sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Gentleman do you have clogged AC drain lines? You know the little lines on the firewall next to the downpipe.
    If you use the defroster, your A/c is on. If your drain line is clogged, the condensation must go somewhere.
    If it is clogged, it will leak back.

Also if you park outside a lot under trees, make sure your windshield cowl is free of built up debris.

How good are your door seals?

Also Heater core, but it would be green and sweet smelling.
    well i park in a garage so the window is not a problem it could be the door seals i can hear the snow crunching? outside while driving and the drain line might be it also how would you get it unclogged and jw how it would affect the floor behind the passenger seat

lots seem to have this problem

Anyone find a solution to this problem? It seems common.

I have a similar problem - my car smells musty/moldy when it rains and the carpet is damp (no leaks in the doors). If I make a point to use the defroster whenever it's raining out, no smell. How's it getting in there?

Has anyone tried sitting in the car while someone else squirts it down? It may take awhile and be boring but you may be able to rule out the doors.