08/09 WRX: Need to raise passenger seat

This is a discussion on 08/09 WRX: Need to raise passenger seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey there; Does anybody know how to raise the passenger seat for the 09 Impreza WRX. My G.F. is too ...

08/09 WRX: Need to raise passenger seat

Hey there; Does anybody know how to raise the passenger seat for the 09 Impreza WRX. My G.F. is too short to see over the dash and gives me trouble over it! It needs to be raised about 1"-2". Can I use urethane blocks or something??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    there should be a lever on the side of the seat where you can pump the seat up. i know the older models have it, i'm sure the 08s do too

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

the passenger seat does not come with the handle on the side and the dealer told me i can not purchase this for the passenger seat

get a jdm seat! j/k hell, it might work since they drive on the other side of the car

if u cant swap the seat....swap the g/f....j/k

I wouldnt imagine you being able to put blocks under the seat mount because I dont think its level. But you may be able to raise up the seat from the rails. Take the seat off and take off the rails. Put some blocks in there
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

M16
    Booster seat....j/k dont kill me.. nah man they dont have the littel pump thing, i know it sucks i get the same ****.

Here's what you do.
    The seat mounts to bolts at each corner, measure the amount of height the bolt is above the nuts. Take the seat out, and hang on to the nuts.
    Go to the hardware store, and look for wide washers that have the same (or slightly larger) interior diameter as the nut. Buy enough of these washers to fill in the bolt height you measure earlier.

Make sure each bolt gets the same amount of washers, other wise the seat won't sit level.

Good luck.