Double din head unit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Double din head unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The sound in my Rex needs to be upgraded and recently I have been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. Any ...

Double din head unit

The sound in my Rex needs to be upgraded and recently I have been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD.

Any of you guys have any experience with this deck. How is the fit ability in the WRX? I am looking for a nice clean look on my dash, no gaps.
    Fresh into a Suby...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats an ok unit, if you dont care too much about the money get the z3 haha its soo nice. If you just want a good unit with nav, ipod and so on the d3 is a real nice unit. Mine will be here tomorrow
    '06 Silver STI
    Stage 3
    Cobb Stage 2, Dominator 3 Turbo, Turbo XS FMIC, Turbo XS Hybrid Blow Off Valve, 830cc Injectors, Walbro Fuel Pump, K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake, V-Limited Lip, Red & White LED'S In The Grill Yo, Prodrive PFF7'S, Cobb Sport Springs, 35% Tint All Around, Infinity Component Speakers, Pioneer D3 Head Unit.
    More to come soon..

I use to have the Pioneer D2 in my Acura TL-S. I would have to say Pioneer screws you when it comes to map updates. Its going to cost you $150-$200 for map updates. I would recommend a unit that uses Garmin that has free updates. That how I'm going to roll on the next unit I get.
    '04 WRX STI
    '02 Acura TL Type-S (sold)
    '95 Civic EX turbo (sold)

I have had the same head unit for ever - its a Kenwood flip out - its been in my last 3 cars, but I really like the DNX8120 from Kenwood - thats the 1 I have been thinking about updating to

Just got done puting the D3 in, looks real clean
    '06 Silver STI
    Stage 3
    Cobb Stage 2, Dominator 3 Turbo, Turbo XS FMIC, Turbo XS Hybrid Blow Off Valve, 830cc Injectors, Walbro Fuel Pump, K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake, V-Limited Lip, Red & White LED'S In The Grill Yo, Prodrive PFF7'S, Cobb Sport Springs, 35% Tint All Around, Infinity Component Speakers, Pioneer D3 Head Unit.
    More to come soon..

im gonna put my old deck form my last car in mine with a pocket for my smokes. LOL

The d3 is a little too much money for my taste, I am looking ro spend around $400. Ive also been looking at the Kenwood DDX512.

It looks like the Kenwood has slightly more expandability options compared to the Pioneer. Any experience with the Kenwood unit?
    Fresh into a Suby...

There not that bad, i found one going for $400.
    '06 Silver STI
    Stage 3
    More to come soon..

I have the Pioneer Z2 and love it. I have a friend who has the Z3 and has nothing but praise for it.

Just my .02.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

I bought this head unit and 4 new 4-way Pioneers for my 07 STI and it sounds fantastic. The Ipod functionality works great and dvds look awesome. My only complaint is that when to turn power off your artist/song selection resets instead of staying where it last was. I think this is a problem with all of the units though.

+1 for the avic d3 looks and sounds amazing
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Synch View Post
    I bought this head unit and 4 new 4-way Pioneers for my 07 STI and it sounds fantastic. The Ipod functionality works great and dvds look awesome. My only complaint is that when to turn power off your artist/song selection resets instead of staying where it last was. I think this is a problem with all of the units though.

Which head unit are you referring to? The Pioneer or the Kenwood?
    Fresh into a Suby...

Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    I have the Pioneer Z2 and love it. I have a friend who has the Z3 and has nothing but praise for it.

Just my .02.
    The Z3 looks hella sweet! I could never justify the $1,800 price tag, however...especially when someone smashes my window open to rip it out of the dash! With a receiver like that, the thief would already be in my car before I even park it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    The Z3 looks hella sweet! I could never justify the $1,800 price tag, however...especially when someone smashes my window open to rip it out of the dash! With a receiver like that, the thief would already be in my car before I even park it.
    haha yea i agree. i still get nervous when i park in the sketchier parts of town...
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

PIONEER AVICF900BT (bluetooth)

the pioneer avicf900 is the cleanest looking double din i have seen recently. I rock an avicZ1 in my whip.. you will never find a screem cleaner, but they dont make them anymore. The AVICF900 with built in bluetooth is what I recomend. They run between 8 and 9 hundred, but loaded through the teeth with everything you need. Amazing navi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.