04 WRX to STI Console

This is a discussion on 04 WRX to STI Console within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have an 04 WRX and I want the look of the new center interior. I want to swap ...

04 WRX to STI Console

Hi,

I have an 04 WRX and I want the look of the new center interior. I want to swap from the shift boot up to the vents. The problems that I have found is that the 04s have a manual control of the heating/air conditioning, and the sti's have an electronic control. I had previously seen some links on swaps and ways to get around this, but after searching I cant find them anymore. Does anyone have any details on doing this swap?

I want this center interior:

IWSTI.com: Subaru STI Forums

04 WRX

94 Integra GSR STOLEN 3/12/08
    RECOVERED!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any help with this? Looking to upgrade soon and wanted to know what parts will fit?

04 WRX

94 Integra GSR STOLEN 3/12/08
    RECOVERED!!!

interior swap

i have a 04 wrx and i was looking into doing that too, i recently started working at a subaru dealer and got a vin# from the car i wanted parts from and looked them all up then realized the e brake is on the opposite side of the console. atleast on my car and judging from the pic you posted yours should be to. soooo im still trying to figure out if its possible. like i said i have an 04 wrx and my e brake handle is closer to the pass. seat.

04 sti shifter trim will work in your 04 wrx, and so should the vents and console that you want. 05 is different though, 04 is what you need.
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

yes the shifter boot from an 04 sti will fit but the rest (console vents and radio bezel) are alll the same as our 04 wrx.

sti
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...em/b5d0_12.jpg

wrx

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...hem/445e_1.jpg