Passenger Side Power window switch

This is a discussion on Passenger Side Power window switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Its been acting a little funny lately. Driver side works fine. But the Passenger side window switch would not work ...

Passenger Side Power window switch

Its been acting a little funny lately. Driver side works fine. But the Passenger side window switch would not work going up. It would work every know and then going down (sometimes) So i took the door pull handle apart (1 screw), pulled it out and unplugged the window switch. There are two parts the switch itself and where the plug goes into. One white and One dark peice. So i am guessing i need the white peace. The black peace looks like nothing mechancial in it at all but maybe a spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well i bought a new switch it will be in on thursday. 25$ wasn't to bad to take a guess.............. hope its it.

I had the same problem in my MY03. Pulled out the switch,
    poped it open (completley) and saw the following:

the switch is totaly mechanical. the issue is not electrical. when you open it you would see that there are 2 springs, 2 steel balls on top the springs and two copper plates that close the circuit and activate the mechanism. You would also see that the switch has some grease in it so there wont be any plastic erosion and would be pressed smoothly.

I simply cleaned off the grease witch after 6 years caught up some dust and stuff and became a black mash that simply blocked the electrical contact between the copper plates. worked instantly. all problems were solved.

simply clean it to it's fullest.

BTW, i have noticed that ALL of my sitches, including the driver control board is made by NISSAN(!) interesting stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by johnpik View Post
    I had the same problem in my MY03. Pulled out the switch,
    poped it open (completley) and saw the following:

the switch is totaly mechanical. the issue is not electrical. when you open it you would see that there are 2 springs, 2 steel balls on top the springs and two copper plates that close the circuit and activate the mechanism. You would also see that the switch has some grease in it so there wont be any plastic erosion and would be pressed smoothly.

I simply cleaned off the grease witch after 6 years caught up some dust and stuff and became a black mash that simply blocked the electrical contact between the copper plates. worked instantly. all problems were solved.

simply clean it to it's fullest.

BTW, i have noticed that ALL of my sitches, including the driver control board is made by NISSAN(!) interesting stuff...
    The same issue my friend is having on her power window switch, we have already tried using it and keeps on having the same problem. That was totally a mechanical thing since that involves switches.
    Last edited by travisman; 04-29-2011 at 08:21 PM.