No air from vents

This is a discussion on No air from vents within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 03 WRX does not have any air coming from the vents when its on the high setting. I hear ...

No air from vents

My 03 WRX does not have any air coming from the vents when its on the high setting. I hear the blower going strong, but get nothing from the vents. How input on how to get this resolved?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Z28-WRX View Post
    My 03 WRX does not have any air coming from the vents when its on the high setting. I hear the blower going strong, but get nothing from the vents. How input on how to get this resolved?
    have you had any work done on the car??? almost sounds like something got disconnected behind the center console
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

DUB
    So the fan is running but it's not blowing any air? There must be a blockage then. Maybe your cabin air filter is so dirty it's totally clogged?

It happen during a rain storm and little by little the air flow from the vents was getting low. The blower motor is working strong. How do i check the cabin filter?

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28-WRX View Post
    How do i check the cabin filter?
    Take it out and look at it. It's located behind the glove box. I doubt that is the problem, but couldn't hurt to check I guess.

do you have any air coming out at all...i.e..if you move the selector to defrost does anything come out the defrost vents? does anything come out the floor vents?

I just had the same problem.

its really humid today and I had the air on but accidentally had the selector on fresh air and I noticed that the air was barely coming out even on 4. so I took the glove compartment out and checked the filter. well there wasnt one. someone took it out. by this time I restarted the car and it blew hard. so I guess that the moisture turned to ice on the coil and blocked the airflow.

lesson is if its moist out leave it on recirculate. it works better anyway.
    2002 wagon stock auto