front speakers?????

This is a discussion on front speakers????? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone tell me how to wire in some 3 way speakers into the front doors? There are four wires ...

Question front speakers?????

Can anyone tell me how to wire in some 3 way speakers into the front doors? There are four wires (2 pairs of 2) to the bottom speaker and a set to the tweeter, how would I hook these to 3 way speakers? Would i connect matching colors and striahgt neg and pos connections? Any help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question replies/info.

I want to go away from the component set up and use a standard 3 way instead, my tweeters are blown so can I just cut them out or do I need to splice these wires into the three way as well?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You shouldn't need to hook up the tweeter wires to anything. Really, you only need one pair of wires going to your speakers.. I don't know what the extra pair is .

My 02 had two wires going to the tweaters (which I replaced with kenwoods that I got for free (much louder)) and two wires going to the 2 way in the bottom of the door.

yeah just ignore the wires up at the tweeter...

just hook up the two (+/-) down at the main speaker...if you're replacing stock you may need some metra connectors if you don't feel confident doing your own wiring... these will hook right into the stock wiring harness.