05 gauges in an 02
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 gauges in an 02 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, i did the dash light conversion to blue led's... much to my dismay my tach and speedo are gaffed ...

05 gauges in an 02

Well, i did the dash light conversion to blue led's... much to my dismay my tach and speedo are gaffed up beyond repair from scraping the green film(which i was VERY careful doing.) I purchased a gauge cluster from ebay for an 05 with exaclty 10000 less miles than mine. Will this be a direct swap or am i screwed? Its not an sti cluster, just a regular wrx. i saw that an 04 to 02 swap was plug and play. Is 05 to 02 the same?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4

Facebook

I wish I could help, but I really have no idea.

GL though!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

thanks for trying
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4

Facebook

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I "think" so, but I'm not 100% sure.

I know in 06, they swapped the tach into the middle, and the speedo over to the right. 02-05 cars had the speedo in the middle.

I know they also went over to a drive-by-wire throttle in 06... Again, the 02-05 cars had a manual throttle.

I "think" you'll be okay..... only one way to find out!!!
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

in case anyone's wondering... it was a direct swap. I even have indicator lights on that weren't on in the stock gauges. Such as an ABS light, and a flashing security light when i lock the car.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.