rear speakers

This is a discussion on rear speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello all i recently (lastnight) installed some replacement speakers in the rear doors. All the install info helped, alot! But ...

Unhappy rear speakers

hello all i recently (lastnight) installed some replacement speakers in the rear doors. All the install info helped, alot! But i am having trouble with 1 speaker. The passenger side rear door installed and worked just fine. When I installed the other (driver side)I get no sound at all from any speakers, any ideas? Note: i had to clip the factory connectors and splice in the new hook ups for the aftermarket speakers, did i mess something up? Is there a grounding issue I dont know of? Please let me know ASAP please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit33 View Post
    hello all i recently (lastnight) installed some replacement speakers in the rear doors. All the install info helped, alot! But i am having trouble with 1 speaker. The passenger side rear door installed and worked just fine. When I installed the other (driver side)I get no sound at all from any speakers, any ideas? Note: i had to clip the factory connectors and splice in the new hook ups for the aftermarket speakers, did i mess something up? Is there a grounding issue I dont know of? Please let me know ASAP please.

Sounds like you've got a short somewhere. I would check the wires at the head unit and at the speaker. Make sure you have the right wires hooked up. I got some wires mixed up one time and it did the exact same thing you're experiencing.

Smile Thanks

Well I read the manual on my deck seems I may have shorted the speaker output lead, and may need to replace the fuse, I'll pull my deck today and look, if this is not the problem then I am at a loss, thanks for the reply.

Talking figured it out

Thanks for the help. this was the problem.... My car does not have the proper colored wires as the pics i was looking at, both rear door speakers had identical colors, threfore i had to hook them up the same and reset my decks computer works fine now. By the way I went with 5" speakers no clearance issues and mounted easily with some self tapping screws, now waiting on my 6.5 fronts to come, we'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit33 View Post
    Thanks for the help. this was the problem.... My car does not have the proper colored wires as the pics i was looking at, both rear door speakers had identical colors, threfore i had to hook them up the same and reset my decks computer works fine now. By the way I went with 5" speakers no clearance issues and mounted easily with some self tapping screws, now waiting on my 6.5 fronts to come, we'll see how this goes.
    What speakers did you get? Heard some people have magnet issue's with the automatic windows...have you experienced this with your upgrades? I am looking to do the same thing.
    '04 WRX STI
    '02 Acura TL Type-S (sold)
    '95 Civic EX turbo (sold)

how is the sound difference? these stock speakers really suck.
    2002 wagon stock auto

Smile reply

hello I had no clarance issues with my speakers, they are 100 watt jaiduscio or something, their cheap but a BIG improvement over stock, I went with the 5 inch due to a shipping/ordering mix up, did not want to wait another 2 weeks so i tried them and seemend fine, only thing is in my STI the rear speaker wires are not what the pin diagram says they are, my wires were both (left/right) blue with yellow stripe (pos) and red with whitre stripe (neg). Seems to work fine when I adjust the fade etc. Hope all goes well with your installs, I'll post when my front 6.5's come in. I'll likely need spacers for these as they are rated at 900 watts per side,watch for the posts, take care.