No bueno - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on No bueno within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Question... Im eventually gunna install a ic sprayer, would it be possible to run this hose to the tank? So ...

Question... Im eventually gunna install a ic sprayer, would it be possible to run this hose to the tank? So it kind of fills itself? It seems like a good idea...
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Question... Im eventually gunna install a ic sprayer, would it be possible to run this hose to the tank? So it kind of fills itself? It seems like a good idea...
    That is an interesting idea. I've not heard that before. One issue possibly: tanks are designed to actively empty themselves (via a pump) but not to actively fill themselves. The tube would have to carry water uphill (I can't imagine where you'd mount the tank to get it below the level of the A/C drain in the cabin unless you fabbed a unit and put it on the frame rail where Mycologist has zipties -- that'd be possible I suppose). If you can figure out a way to get the tank to fill, I'd think it's feasible. You'd need a cap from a radiator overflow bottle -- the type with a hose for venting -- so that it can actually overflow also.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    That is an interesting idea. I've not heard that before.
    It's amazing the ideas you can come up with when you smoke a lil weed, but i see what your saying. I want to get the big tank for the trunk but gravity won't be on my side. I'll try an figure something out. Just need a thinking blunt and a beer I'll be set
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

I Support ClubWRX
    If you were to mold something along that frame rail it'd probably work.

Or, if you were to re-route that hose to connect it to an impeller (so that you do not rely on having liquid in the system at all times to keep the pump happy) and then route the impeller's output to a main reservoir with a separate pump for the misting system, that'd probably work too.

EDIT: If you ran a trip wire from the A/C to the impeller, the system would run only when the A/C was on. You'd have to make sure it runs when the defroster is on also, since the A/C runs constitutively when the defroster is on. You'd also have to find out what happens when the car is off but water is still condensing -- you'd not want a back up leading to a flood.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-15-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12