headlights

This is a discussion on headlights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i have an 02 wrx that has a xenon kit installed from the previous owner,but the ballasts messed up ...

headlights

hi i have an 02 wrx that has a xenon kit installed from the previous owner,but the ballasts messed up and now have a new hid kit to fit it all but my problem is that the bulbs on the new hid kit arent the same and are smaller.So i was wondering if theres something i can install in the headlight assembly to accept the smaller bulbs cause i have a different headlight kit from someplace named VALEO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where did you get your headlights? ive been lookin around for some and cant find them?

Quote Originally Posted by snowball02 View Post
    hi i have an 02 wrx that has a xenon kit installed from the previous owner,but the ballasts messed up and now have a new hid kit to fit it all but my problem is that the bulbs on the new hid kit arent the same and are smaller.So i was wondering if theres something i can install in the headlight assembly to accept the smaller bulbs cause i have a different headlight kit from someplace named VALEO
    I have the same headlights - if that is your car in the pic.

Those are morettes - and they are probably one of the most sought after headlights out there for a WRX.

You need to get an H7 Xenon kit. Those are the bulbs that are in the Morettes as your normal headlights. I don't know what the bulbs are for the brights, haven't had to replace them yet.

The light spread on the morettes is pretty damned good, I'm not sure but a Xenon kit might actually be "too much".
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

lights

Yeah i got the problem solved i put
    some washers on the back of the hids
    to make em work. Yeah those lights
    are hard to find i picked mine up from
    an old guy whose son left them behind
    so i bought them for 100 dollars,
    with all the bulbs!!!!
    And with my new hids in them i blind
    people they are bright!!!!

and yeah thats my baby got a new bumper
    on it now though got to close on the mountain
    Last edited by snowball02; 08-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.

wow you pretty much stole those. i found them for 900 bucks if i want them painted to match my car. i just got hids for my stock headlights and they blind people too. gotta love the hids...