My first turbo guage installations...

This is a discussion on My first turbo guage installations... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well... i needef more tools than i thought i needed. Ended up going to my friends garage. They also have ...

My first turbo guage installations...

Well... i needef more tools than i thought i needed. Ended up going to my friends garage. They also have many tools there it's amazing. They basically have everything from autozone in there and more.

Anyways ended up getting it to work in about 1 hour and 30. Couple troubleshooting prblems figuring out how to connect white wire to my headlights, I had no idea how the schematics worked (being 19) and went through each wire turning the light switch on and off until it turned green.

Only problem now is that green goes away when high been is on.

Moving along... I got home and my RMA for the 7950GT graphics card got back. Appearantly they were out of production so I got an upgrade for free!

I'm only wishing subaru warranty was like that... I overclocked the hell out of my graphics card and they gave me a free upgrade when it broke.

I guess it's different when your dealing with more money.

Anyways, i didn't install the autometer guage pods cuz EGT and oil pressure didn't arrive yet.

I heard they are going to be the toughest to install.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year and are they going in a clock pod eventually? if its an 07 i can tell you which wire to tap into to get the dimming feature with the same control so as your stereo/Tach and Speedo dim, your gauages will do the same. would solve your green light issue, though i don't know what exactly it is.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    what year and are they going in a clock pod eventually? if its an 07 i can tell you which wire to tap into to get the dimming feature with the same control so as your stereo/Tach and Speedo dim, your gauages will do the same. would solve your green light issue, though i don't know what exactly it is.
    yeah i have an 07. I always have my dimming on full but that would be awsome I just dont really feel like rerouting all my wires again. But how will it work? I think mine only turns green when headlights are on and has no dimming feature.

Oh yeah, I found that the guage wasn't turning green because i turned the car on with the headlights on.

Heres a vid of the problem... turned car on with headlights on.

YouTube - Prosport boost

Also, when i turn on the high beem it turns white again which doesn't bother me much but is there a fix?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

well with this wire i believe they would only be illuminated when your lights are on, but you would also be able to dim them with your other guages via the switch by the steering wheel.

the dimmer control wire is Orange/White.

So I tap all my guages to this wire instead of headlights? and it'll dim?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

correct. its pretty much just a line spliced off the headight control, except it adds the dimmer somewhere in the line. this line controls every illuminated/dimming item in your car. Forgot to mention that this is the wires coming out of the back of the stereo. i would tap in pre-stereo harness so you can still remove the stereo by disconnecting the harness. even though you may have to reach back a litttle further to get to it.

sweet... btw

Green/White Oil Pressure Gauge

am i gonna need any of those related products...

says

"includes Sender, mounting hardware and Instructions" but i look at related products and...

Oil Filter Adaptor Plate
    Subaru Oil Galley Plug
    Metric Adaptor Kit

that would suck if i needed any of those... would mean i'll have to wait longer to get all this done and over with.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST