AccessPORT v2 Mounted in car - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on AccessPORT v2 Mounted in car within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok. I really appreciate it DUB. Thanks again I'll post up pics and such when I get done (hopefully tomorrow)....

Ok. I really appreciate it DUB. Thanks again I'll post up pics and such when I get done (hopefully tomorrow).
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i went at bought one of those holders. it was like 10 bucks and actually matches really well in the car. i didnt take the time to put in a switch. i pop the OBDII connector out of its holder plugged in the AP OBDII connector zip tied them out of the way. then just ran the cord up the back of the dash then out a crack to the holder. works just fine.
    i figured sense i am not always going to have it in the car and/or i unplug it to lock it up what is the point of a switch?

but either way it is nice to have the live data in the car when i want/need it.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Update:

Just rigged up the whole switch (well, almost).

Took one of the blanks from the car and spent a looong time using a pair of small scissors, needle nose pliers, a lighter, and some patience to make a very nice hole for the switch to fit through. Now, if only I wasn't at college and had a drill handy...

When it's light out tomorrow, I'll hopefully be able to finish rigging everything up and then test it out

One more question, I'm using 18 gauge wire. Do you think this is overkill since the wires from the USB are probably 1/4 of the wire I'm using? I figure if I tape it well enough, it shouldn't be much of an issue. But I guess we'll find out

EDIT: Some pics.

Lights up green when in "on" position.

The primitive hole I made in the blank.

The switch and the blank rigged up together.

The USB that's currently gutted.

Last edited by STI_KLR; 09-14-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    Mods List Build Thread

Miniature Awesomness

DONE!!!!

It took me about an hour to finish everything up in the car. It really helped doing a lot of the dirty work last night. It was a fairly painless install, thanks to DUB's write-up I'll take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow once my camera battery is done charging, but damn, it looks awesome!

EDIT: Ok, I got bored so I went and got off my lazy bum and took some quick pics

Last edited by STI_KLR; 09-15-2008 at 02:54 PM.
    Mods List Build Thread

Miniature Awesomness

p.s. i'll take some pics tonight so you all can see what the switch looks like when glowing green
    Mods List Build Thread

Miniature Awesomness

DUB

Thumbs up

great work guys, im going to go look around the auto parts stores and walmart to see if i can find a ok looking holder for my ap.

I got a holder for mine at the Dollar Store! It actually works really good too! It clips into my vent!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.