Suggestion on turbos

This is a discussion on Suggestion on turbos within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This kid is willing to trade me a t3/4 turbo for subs that i do not use. i have a ...

Suggestion on turbos

This kid is willing to trade me a t3/4 turbo for subs that i do not use. i have a 2003 wrx, the only mod i really have is a catback and a bov, will this t3/4 turbo make a difference and will it even fit in my car? if so do i need to upgrade some parts inorder to run this t3/4 without blowing anything in my engine or tranny? and is the t3/4 bigger then the 16g? thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Referencing this thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/cockpi...ggestions.html

So, your first mods were a catback and a BOV. Your next planned mods are a bigger turbo and a MBC?

Your questions are: "What else do I need to replace w/ the turbo?" And "How much can I turn up the boost?"

My friend, you need to do A LOT of research on how to safely modify your turbo Subaru motor.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Referencing this thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/cockpi...ggestions.html

So, your first mods were a catback and a BOV. Your next planned mods are a bigger turbo and a MBC?

Your questions are: "What else do I need to replace w/ the turbo?" And "How much can I turn up the boost?"

My friend, you need to do A LOT of research on how to safely modify your turbo Subaru motor.
    first off wise ass, this is me doing research on how to safely modify my car. i asked if i need to do any other upgrades in order to put a t3/4 turbo in my car. You dont know ne thing about the car so your gonna act like you do by posting and making me look like an idiot. i didnt ask for wise ass comments i asked for advice so if you dont got any then dont post.

He's trying to help you, but if you're gonna act like some useless prick-snot that's up to you.

You put a BOV and catback on your WRX. That is why you are being treated like a noob. The catback is mainly a noise maker so long as the stock downpipe is in place. The BOV is going to hurt things too. Links in sig if you care to learn why. Or you could just keep acting like you are, the trolls get dealt with around here one way or another.

Get off your high horse, and start doing some reading. This is a great forum with a much more "chill" vibe than a larger site like nasioc.

ibt mods say "Mind your P's and Q's, learn to get along well with others or your stay here will be short."
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    He's trying to help you, but if you're gonna act like some useless prick-snot that's up to you.

You put a BOV and catback on your WRX. That is why you are being treated like a noob. The catback is mainly a noise maker so long as the stock downpipe is in place. The BOV is going to hurt things too. Links in sig if you care to learn why. Or you could just keep acting like you are, the trolls get dealt with around here one way or another.

Get off your high horse, and start doing some reading. This is a great forum with a much more "chill" vibe than a larger site like nasioc.

ibt mods say "Mind your P's and Q's, learn to get along well with others or your stay here will be short."
    i was asking a simple question as to if the t3/t4 turbo fits the car. im down for any suggestions i asked if i need to buy upgrade parts and what not. i thought he was being a wise ass and i got offended. im a nice guy im not arrogant and i dont think my way is always right. and you said its a noise maker unless i get an after market downpipe so which one do you suggest? i honestly am new to having a car that i can actually do **** to so you guys have to give me some leway. i try to read about things and i cnt find ne thing or dont understand whats even being said. im probably just going to get a 16g turbo though becuase its a direct bolt on and im pretty sure that the garrett t3/t4 isnt. but can you guys give me some suggestions and some links to were i can read up on some ****. thanks and sorry for coming across as an ******* i just got offended when some kid tells me i need to read up on my car when thats exactly what im trying to do by posting on this forum. thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Probably the best reading you can do for your car. That will answer all your questions.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

If you do end up getting the turbo, you can buy a complete kit of necessary parts. In addition to some other foundation mods like injectors/fuel pump/clutch, etc you can run that turbo properly with this setup:

Ultimate-Racing.com

Notice how there are all kinds of aftermarket exhaust parts needed to make it run properly? It's not a bolt-on turbo and is honestly probably more than you need/want, but it's not a bad deal if you're basically getting it for free.

Read the Unabomber's Manifesto and then read this thread:

Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC

After you're done with all that, re-assess if you really want to put a rotated mount turbo on your car. If I were you, I wouldn't, but that's just my opinion.

thanks guys still doing the reading but already learned a few things i never knew. thanks for the links and advice tho