Cheap racing seats?

This is a discussion on Cheap racing seats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, since I sold my nice car I've been driving my beater and its a real pain... in the lower ...

Cheap racing seats?

Alright, since I sold my nice car I've been driving my beater and its a real pain... in the lower back, so I want to get some racing seats for it. I don't care what brand they are, as long as they are adjustable with lean & sliders. I found some for $280+/- shipped, I'm just wondering if anyone can point me somewhere else, I'm willing to pay $280 since the seats fit my criteria, but if theres a better deal out there, I'm all for it since the car only cost me $750 a couple years ago...
    it's a 1993 subaru Impreza, I assume any universal racing seat should work out..

thanks

these are what i have in mind
    Last edited by SVTorWRX; 06-20-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: seat photos added
    I'm sorry, did I just jack your thread?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To the mod who moved the thread, thanks I'm still getting used to this forum
    I'm sorry, did I just jack your thread?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    check ebay

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

DUB
    Have you "test sat" these cheap seats you are interested in? In my experience, cheap does not equal comfort.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I owned a 2002 focus before owning my WRX - I thought the focus seats were more comfortable.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Seats are safety equipment. Do not short yourself. Either keep the stock seats, or at the very least get the highest quality seats with the most initials after their model description possible (FIA, TUV, etc.). If your stock seats have airbags in them, keep them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Seats are safety equipment. Do not short yourself. Either keep the stock seats, or at the very least get the highest quality seats with the most initials after their model description possible (FIA, TUV, etc.). If your stock seats have airbags in them, keep them.
    +1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Another idea: swap for stock seats from another road car. That way you know the seats provide at least basic safety, since they were used by a manufacturer to actually safely transport people on real roads. Find out what torques are specified and make sure you use as much new hardware as possible when you install.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sparcos FTW. These are so nice in the twisties

CGM

My suggestion to you either chuck up a lil bit of extra money, as someone said earlier cheap doesnt equal comfort. I think those seats you have pictured my friend bought for his Neon and they ended up tearing in a matter of months, best overall seats for the money I have seen or made by Megan Racing, durable and not to bad when it came to comfort thats just my opinion.