Subaru WRX Forum banner

2007 Sti Speaker Upgrade. Sizes? Recomendations?

21K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  prophetstudios 
#1 ·
Sup people I'm thinking about changing out the front and rear speakers in my 07 STI (The stock in dash six cd changer is GREAT but the stock speakers just plain suck lol) and was just curious as to what the sizes are stock. I'm hearing that the front's are 6.5 " and the rears are 4 ". The Fronts also have a seperate 1" tweeter up near the mirror right? I just wanted to make sure that was correct. I was thinking about going with Infinity but I was wondering some of your all's reccomendations. Also I keep seeing something about spacers and all this stuff when you go to install aftermarket speakers, whats the deal with that? I can understand putting Dynomat behind each speaker, because yes both of my front door panels rattle a little when theres a certain frequency bass and volume level, so I'd like to avoid that as well as have a clean fast and simple install. Let me know guys. Thanks

#3 ·
Those are the same speaker sizes for the STi also.

I do believe the spacers are only necessary if you try to fit speakers that don't work in the stock harness. Check out crutchfield.com to see compatible speakers.

I'm going to be replacing mine here shortly with polk audio dbs

#4 ·
The biggest size I seen go in the front is 6.5 in the front and the rear 5.25 keep in mind not all 6.5 speakers will fit I had Alpine type R component that was a NO GO, I settled for 5.25 in the front these speakers are huge and will require some type of custom speaker spacers to fit properly. I wish you good luck with your Mod.

#5 ·
I have Alpine S series components in my front doors and they're ok. What was the problem you had with the type R's? The only thing that gets me in trouble is that anything with a lot of bass will cause the woofer to hit the inside of the door. I need to cut out the stock speaker covers in the door to fix that. I have 5.25" Kenwood components in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.