What to do with grey interior plastic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

This is a discussion on What to do with grey interior plastic? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    What to do with grey interior plastic?

    I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on all wrxs.

    I have seen some kits that wrap around it but I am assuming this is a cheap looking fix?

    Does anyone have any experience painting the plastic? Wrapping in something? Maybe these kits are not so bad after all?

    Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231 View Post
    I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on all wrxs.

    I have seen some kits that wrap around it but I am assuming this is a cheap looking fix?

    Does anyone have any experience painting the plastic? Wrapping in something? Maybe these kits are not so bad after all?

    Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Totally agree... I have the 07 limited. I actually think the leather is pretty nice - but I can't believe how cheap they made the plastic paneling. It scratches so easy, only making it worse.

    I am too lazy to do much about it though. I have to imagine the wrap-on panels would rattle.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Totally agree... I have the 07 limited. I actually think the leather is pretty nice - but I can't believe how cheap they made the plastic paneling. It scratches so easy, only making it worse.

    I am too lazy to do much about it though. I have to imagine the wrap-on panels would rattle.


    We can't be the only ones that don't like it, someone on here has had to figure something out.

    Come on guys!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Bump!

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    My car recently was broken into and luckily I still kept the stock radio, though they didnt steal my radio it was heavily damaged so were the bezels inside my car. So I ended up painting it. will cost you maybe 10 bucks at most, but I went to Walmart and sanded the silver plastic down primed it and painted it Satin Black. I will post pics as soon as I am done with the install but came out perfect.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by prophetstudios View Post
    My car recently was broken into and luckily I still kept the stock radio, though they didnt steal my radio it was heavily damaged so were the bezels inside my car. So I ended up painting it. will cost you maybe 10 bucks at most, but I went to Walmart and sanded the silver plastic down primed it and painted it Satin Black. I will post pics as soon as I am done with the install but came out perfect.


    Please post pics asap because I hate this plastic lol

  8. #7
    Registered User dowright82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    224
    bumpity bump bump
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by dowright82 View Post
    bumpity bump bump

    Ditto

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231 View Post
    Please post pics asap because I hate this plastic lol
    I am reinstaling my stock radio, I work roughly 60+ hours a week the commute from LI to NYC everyday is a burden so i suck up a lot of time I will try my best to have pics of my finished product on monday everything is painted. I will keep you posted.

  11. #10
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,172
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could be worse ... cheaper black plastic.

    Keep in mind this is an Impreza - Subaru's econobox (cheap car). I bought the WRX for the excellent drivetrain, not the interior.

    Somewhat OT: 40k+ miles with a much stiffer suspension and I still do not have a single interior rattle or squeak. Pretty damn good for an econobox.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  12. #11
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Could be worse ... cheaper black plastic.

    Keep in mind this is an Impreza - Subaru's econobox (cheap car). I bought the WRX for the excellent drivetrain, not the interior.

    Somewhat OT: 40k+ miles with a much stiffer suspension and I still do not have a single interior rattle or squeak. Pretty damn good for an econobox.
    75k mi and no squeeks/rattles, either.. and mine's an 02

    At least you don't have the fake carbon fibre looking crap..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  13. #12
    Registered User manookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sugarhood
    Posts
    6
    I've painted all of my grey parts with plasti-dip. It looks oem and doesn't scratch. I'll see if i have some pics.

  14. #13
    Registered User Johnny V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    204
    r u guys talking about the center piece that surrounds the radio and climate control? If so, I painted mine black and the accented the cupholder strip in silver. i did the rings around the vents on each end and the trim for the window swithces to match and it came out very nice. i did this a while ago. ill post pics if wanted
    -2004 San Remo Red WRX Sedan-
    Blobeye Syndicate #24

    "Pain of Discipline or Pain of Regret..take your pick." ~ Notre Dame

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19
    Both of you guys, pics are greatly appreciated.

  16. #15
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    pictures please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •