What to do with grey interior plastic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What to do with grey interior plastic? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on ...

What to do with grey interior plastic?

I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on all wrxs.

I have seen some kits that wrap around it but I am assuming this is a cheap looking fix?

Does anyone have any experience painting the plastic? Wrapping in something? Maybe these kits are not so bad after all?

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ron231 View Post
    I have an 06 limited and honestly I really cant stand the ugly grey interior plastic that is stock on all wrxs.

I have seen some kits that wrap around it but I am assuming this is a cheap looking fix?

Does anyone have any experience painting the plastic? Wrapping in something? Maybe these kits are not so bad after all?

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Totally agree... I have the 07 limited. I actually think the leather is pretty nice - but I can't believe how cheap they made the plastic paneling. It scratches so easy, only making it worse.

I am too lazy to do much about it though. I have to imagine the wrap-on panels would rattle.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Totally agree... I have the 07 limited. I actually think the leather is pretty nice - but I can't believe how cheap they made the plastic paneling. It scratches so easy, only making it worse.

I am too lazy to do much about it though. I have to imagine the wrap-on panels would rattle.

We can't be the only ones that don't like it, someone on here has had to figure something out.

Come on guys!

Bump!

My car recently was broken into and luckily I still kept the stock radio, though they didnt steal my radio it was heavily damaged so were the bezels inside my car. So I ended up painting it. will cost you maybe 10 bucks at most, but I went to Walmart and sanded the silver plastic down primed it and painted it Satin Black. I will post pics as soon as I am done with the install but came out perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetstudios View Post
    My car recently was broken into and luckily I still kept the stock radio, though they didnt steal my radio it was heavily damaged so were the bezels inside my car. So I ended up painting it. will cost you maybe 10 bucks at most, but I went to Walmart and sanded the silver plastic down primed it and painted it Satin Black. I will post pics as soon as I am done with the install but came out perfect.

Please post pics asap because I hate this plastic lol

bumpity bump bump
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by dowright82 View Post
    bumpity bump bump

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by ron231 View Post
    Please post pics asap because I hate this plastic lol
    I am reinstaling my stock radio, I work roughly 60+ hours a week the commute from LI to NYC everyday is a burden so i suck up a lot of time I will try my best to have pics of my finished product on monday everything is painted. I will keep you posted.

I Support ClubWRX
    Could be worse ... cheaper black plastic.

Keep in mind this is an Impreza - Subaru's econobox (cheap car). I bought the WRX for the excellent drivetrain, not the interior.

Somewhat OT: 40k+ miles with a much stiffer suspension and I still do not have a single interior rattle or squeak. Pretty damn good for an econobox.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Could be worse ... cheaper black plastic.

Keep in mind this is an Impreza - Subaru's econobox (cheap car). I bought the WRX for the excellent drivetrain, not the interior.

Somewhat OT: 40k+ miles with a much stiffer suspension and I still do not have a single interior rattle or squeak. Pretty damn good for an econobox.
    75k mi and no squeeks/rattles, either.. and mine's an 02

At least you don't have the fake carbon fibre looking crap..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I've painted all of my grey parts with plasti-dip. It looks oem and doesn't scratch. I'll see if i have some pics.

r u guys talking about the center piece that surrounds the radio and climate control? If so, I painted mine black and the accented the cupholder strip in silver. i did the rings around the vents on each end and the trim for the window swithces to match and it came out very nice. i did this a while ago. ill post pics if wanted
    -2004 San Remo Red WRX Sedan-
    Blobeye Syndicate #24

"Pain of Discipline or Pain of Regret..take your pick." ~ Notre Dame

Both of you guys, pics are greatly appreciated.

pictures please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast