Trunk Shoe Rack mod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trunk Shoe Rack mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, so here's the deal..... mods, not quite sure if this is OT or interior mods My girlfriend's trunk was ...

Wink Trunk Shoe Rack mod

OK, so here's the deal..... mods, not quite sure if this is OT or interior mods

My girlfriend's trunk was a little.... messy. She also tends to just throw stuff everywhere and also has a bunch of shoes in the trunk...
    I've attached a "before" picture - simulated cause I was already halfway cleaning her trunk before I took this. It was actually worse before.

Then while looking around the net, I stumbled on this shoerack at Amazon:

I liked the slope of the upper part of it cause it looked like it would kind of sit back against one side of the trunk.

So I bought it and a little modding later, I got this, which I think is much cleaner and better organized
    I haven't seen anything like this before, so enjoy!

Prob. applies more to women than men (or at least I should hope so).... Also the sad reality is that in about 1 month, I'm sure it will go back to resembling something like the "before" picture.

-Chris
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG no joke man my gf is the same way and she has a camry too. but i gave up a long time ago trying to keep it clean now i just keep the out side clean
    open source stg 2, up/dp cbe, aem cai

clever, so long as she only drives in a straight line. hope she doesn't hit a round about or onramp or its right back to the first pictrue with the addition of a metal shelf on its side.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Oh I forgot to mention - one of the legs is "sitting" in a sort of recessed portion of the trunk on the side (which I think was originally meant to hold 2-liter soda bottles). Also, the Yellow bag is actually a roadside tool kit which is relatively quite heavy, so it's kind of also weighing down the rack. I don't think it'll go anywhere - at least not with normal everyday driving.

I may actually devise a more secure way to anchor it down... maybe cutting a 2 liter bottle, filling it with something like cement and sticking the leg into it? We'll see how well this holds up first...
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.