featured on CNN: Scan Gauge

This is a discussion on featured on CNN: Scan Gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; has anyone tried one of these things before? I was thinking about picking up one or two for my cars. ...

featured on CNN: Scan Gauge

has anyone tried one of these things before? I was thinking about picking up one or two for my cars. you can find them here i think its kind of a cool idea and a cheap all-in-one gauge for someone on a budget and want something of a data streamer. also for people that like knowing everything and how their car is doing

ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool

ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That seems like a really good idea. I am eager to hear the responses both positive and negative. This it something I would seriously consider purchasing for myself. I am sort of an information nut who likes to know "what is going on".
    2008 WRX 5 Door,5 Speed, Dark Gray Metallic ,Premium Package
    2003 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Atlantic Blue

TWO Turbo's are better than one!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a decent item, and does what it was intended to do. It's fairly inexpensive, and not cumbersome. I like it, and would buy it, but my copy of OpenSource tuning software does 99% of that, so I really don't need it.
    Otherwise, it's pimp
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Careful...I had an ODBII reader that wouldn't work with my WRX. When I called the manufacturer (since the box said "all cars newer than 96 will work") - they told me Subaru uses a very special ODBII protocol - and that the machine I bought wouldn't work with it. I posted this issue on this forum, and found many others agree. Before buying, make sure it works with Subaru ECUs.

Otherwise - I am just waiting until I can afford the AP.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I have one and took the clock built into the dash, removed it and modded it so that the scanguage sits in there in place of the clock. I like it (have had it about a year). I will post pics in the next few days

pic

heres a picture of how it was modded to fit right in. I actualy am going to have to sell it because it uses the same connection the cobb access port does so I cant have both . Let me know if you would like to trade for your factory clock with surround (of course you throw in some $$)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scanguage.jpg