New amp and tweeters installed with pics
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New amp and tweeters installed with pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I normally dont post here since the audio section is slow, but this time I will. My cheap tweeter amp ...

New amp and tweeters installed with pics

I normally dont post here since the audio section is slow, but this time I will.

My cheap tweeter amp arrived today from ebay. Buy-it-now was $87 and I offered $75 and won it. It came very well packed in double bubble wrap:

I was extremely pleased when I opened it, as it was in better condition than I had expected:

Soundstream SA80
    40Wrms x 2 @ 4 ohms
    Gains halfway

I then proceeded to install the amp to the back of my amp rack. It was a perfect fit:

With the amp installed, I then moved on to my Seas Neo Textile tweets that also arrived today. First is a shot of my Alpine Type-X door mounting cup. It is empty as my blown Alpine tweet has already been removed. (I might sell my one good Alpine Type-X tweet now that I have no use for it.)

I was super stoked when I found the Seas tweeter was a PERFECT fit.

I then carefully soldered some pigtails on my Seas tweets:

Pics of the tweet in the door panel before reinstallation:

Shot of my Type-X mid while I had my door panel off:

The Seas tweet installed, its an even better match than my alpine tweeter was:

My center armrest folds down showing my new amp install:

For anyone that doesn’t know STILL, the TRU amp runs my mids, and will run my subs when I get some.

THOUGHTS on 5 mins listening. I like these tweets. Of course I was coming from running mids almost full range to get by. The thing I am sure of is these tweets like to play louder than the alpine tweets with no problems. They stay clear and crisp much louder than I ever got my Alpine tweets to go. I hope I can leave my front stage alone for a few weeks at least, and hope to add a dual 10” box against my TRU amp next.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! I haven't been into audio for quite some years, but I remember when SoundStream was quite highly thought of. Is this not the case anymore?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

its a low end model of soundstream but i only bought it for tweets anyway. Powers them loud.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

added a 12" type-r sub just to keep me satisfied until i decide on a perm sub solution.

2011 VW GTI - K04

how do you like that type R? I've heard they're pretty clean

i didnt expect it to be this good. i like it a lot.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.