New amp and tweeters installed with pics

This is a discussion on New amp and tweeters installed with pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I normally dont post here since the audio section is slow, but this time I will. My cheap tweeter amp ...

New amp and tweeters installed with pics

I normally dont post here since the audio section is slow, but this time I will.

My cheap tweeter amp arrived today from ebay. Buy-it-now was $87 and I offered $75 and won it. It came very well packed in double bubble wrap:

I was extremely pleased when I opened it, as it was in better condition than I had expected:

Soundstream SA80
    40Wrms x 2 @ 4 ohms
    Gains halfway

I then proceeded to install the amp to the back of my amp rack. It was a perfect fit:

With the amp installed, I then moved on to my Seas Neo Textile tweets that also arrived today. First is a shot of my Alpine Type-X door mounting cup. It is empty as my blown Alpine tweet has already been removed. (I might sell my one good Alpine Type-X tweet now that I have no use for it.)

I was super stoked when I found the Seas tweeter was a PERFECT fit.

I then carefully soldered some pigtails on my Seas tweets:

Pics of the tweet in the door panel before reinstallation:

Shot of my Type-X mid while I had my door panel off:

The Seas tweet installed, its an even better match than my alpine tweeter was:

My center armrest folds down showing my new amp install:

For anyone that doesn’t know STILL, the TRU amp runs my mids, and will run my subs when I get some.

THOUGHTS on 5 mins listening. I like these tweets. Of course I was coming from running mids almost full range to get by. The thing I am sure of is these tweets like to play louder than the alpine tweets with no problems. They stay clear and crisp much louder than I ever got my Alpine tweets to go. I hope I can leave my front stage alone for a few weeks at least, and hope to add a dual 10” box against my TRU amp next.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! I haven't been into audio for quite some years, but I remember when SoundStream was quite highly thought of. Is this not the case anymore?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

its a low end model of soundstream but i only bought it for tweets anyway. Powers them loud.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

added a 12" type-r sub just to keep me satisfied until i decide on a perm sub solution.

2011 VW GTI - K04

how do you like that type R? I've heard they're pretty clean

i didnt expect it to be this good. i like it a lot.
    2011 VW GTI - K04