HELP! RHD swap into my 02 WRX

This is a discussion on HELP! RHD swap into my 02 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im considering doing a RDH swap into my 02 WRX just for the fun of it and to be different. ...

HELP! RHD swap into my 02 WRX

Im considering doing a RDH swap into my 02 WRX just for the fun of it and to be different. does anyone know of anyone who has done one before and can direct me to get in contact with this person? also parts...where do i start? i know rac, dash, window switches, pedals. what aobut steering colum brake booster, clutch master? also will the turbo need to be moved to the other side of the engine? it might be more practical to get a whole jdm car and part out what i dont use. (maybe and STI and get the drive line too. thanks for your help!
    If you selling a Cusco under brace (4pt) I'm interested. PM me if your selling one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTone View Post
    it might be more practical to get a whole jdm car and part out what i dont use.
    I'd certainly think any RHD front clip would be a great idea. It's a great idea for dropping off mail but it'll be a pain at toll booths and drive through fast food.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'd certainly think any RHD front clip would be a great idea. It's a great idea for dropping off mail but it'll be a pain at toll booths and drive through fast food.
    It woudnt be the first time i went to BK and drove in backwords.

a whole clip would be a good idea. then i get motor and all that jazz.. then id need to get rear brake set up.
    If you selling a Cusco under brace (4pt) I'm interested. PM me if your selling one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTone View Post
    then id need to get rear brake set up.
    why?

The entire clip would be the best option, as the firewall, etc., are all different. The engine harness is different, pedal cluster brackets, etc. It's a ton of work, having done a Civic..

Then, there's that whole "inspection" thing. Depending on how your state inspection is, it "can" fail, due to firewall modifications..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

i have a NYSI lisence so im not worried aobut inspection. the fire walls are the same arnt they? i mean, isnt it just plates that are welded on to cover holes?

I Support ClubWRX
    havent examined the subaru that deep, but the civic was completely different:
    wiper assembly was wrong side, firewall had variations that appeared universal, but weren't, fuel lines, etc..

just take a long, hard look at what you'll be undertaking, BEFORE you decide..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft