My best friend "Dreams come TRU" returns to my family.

This is a discussion on My best friend "Dreams come TRU" returns to my family. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My best friend "Dreams come TRU" returns to my family. We had SUCH a good time back in 2003 running ...

My best friend "Dreams come TRU" returns to my family.

My best friend "Dreams come TRU" returns to my family. We had SUCH a good time back in 2003 running some Focal K2P components and twin JL 10W3 subs, didn't we.. I am reunited with the first amp I ever loved.

What I had:

What I replaced it with today:

You can see some tiny flaws above the lower purple band beside the gains. So minor that I'm not even worried about it. Note I did mount the amp "upside down" technically. The square plate is reversible as I already had my RCA and power laid out and this amp was on wrong sides.

The new amp is WAY too loud at half gain, I'll prob turn the gain to minimum. I have the Alpine crossovers and tweets, paired with some PRS720 mids. And I still have 500-600Wrms of sub channel to use later when I decide what I am going to do.

Once I make sure this amp is solid for a couple days I'll prob be selling my Billet 4x100. I can't afford to keep both. Price will be close to $1000 shipped lowballers.. Or maybe ebay.
    Last edited by plac; 11-07-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    2011 VW GTI - K04