first post: problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on first post: problem within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, but i've had 240sx's for years (still have one) and i bought an ...

first post: problem

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, but i've had 240sx's for years (still have one) and i bought an 02 wrx yesterday. i must say i love it very much. it has some bolt ons, blitz exhaust, HKS BOV, Perrin intake, HID's, boost gauge, turbo timer. My problem is that the gauge cluster lights arent working. I've checked all the fuses and they're fine. anybody have a wiring diagram for the cluster so i can check the wiring? is this a common problem? any help would be appreciated!

(i was going to post some pictures of my subie and 240, but i guess i have to have 3 posts first...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey guys, still trying to figure out my problem here. i cant figure out why my dash lights arent working. the dimmer is dimming the center part (the odometer) but the actual dash lights wont come on at all. any ideas? i just need to know what wire on the dash plug runs the lights. i'll splice a 12v constant to it when i figure which wire it is..

I'm surprised no one knows this. I don't either, but bump!
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

sorry to be a pest, but bump again... still looking

Not 100% sure but this might help, I think theres blubs that you can replace behind the cluster... I'd check that
    Huh... Didn't know you couldn't do that...

ok, so i figured it out. the guy that had it before me put a boost gauge in it. it looked like he pulled the cluster out to splice into the gauge light wire and it pulled apart at some point. there is a purple wire on the far right plug on the cluster that runs the lights.just for future reference for anyone that needs it!

Glad you figured it out, good luck with the new car!

Also, you might want to remove the BOV, typically this is a usless mod and makes your car poorly. I would explain but there is plenty of info if you search around.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.