speakers and start-up text

This is a discussion on speakers and start-up text within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi! the premium pkg on the 08 wrx states (accdg. to subaru.com) that it has 10 speakers. the question is, ...

Question speakers and start-up text

hi!

the premium pkg on the 08 wrx states (accdg. to subaru.com) that it has 10 speakers. the question is, where are they? i see that each door has one (well, except the rear) and tweeters, i suppose, opposite the side mirrors. okay, so that's a total of 6. so where are the other four speakers? i hope i didn't get cheated. but seriously, this might become important later on once i begin messing with its audio system (read as improving the way it sounds).

also, how do you change the start-up message on the HU? this might be a silly question. but back when i had the scion tc, one of the "easter eggs" on that car is that i can change the start-up text on the radio. just wondering if it is possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm guessing that the door speakers have a midrange and a lowrange cone in them. 1 unit, two cones. That'd put you at 10.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo View Post
    I'm guessing that the door speakers have a midrange and a lowrange cone in them. 1 unit, two cones. That'd put you at 10.
    most likely. when the weather gets a bit better, i'm gonna try to find out.