Installed my new STi cluster! (w/pics)

This is a discussion on Installed my new STi cluster! (w/pics) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After waiting for over 3 weeks for this thing it finally showed up at my door . This is an ...

Installed my new STi cluster! (w/pics)

After waiting for over 3 weeks for this thing it finally showed up at my door . This is an 04 STi cluster and heres the install part for ya

current setup

Now comes the dismantling

doing a comparison between the two

At this point I did a direct connect, and sure enough it did a sweep and blew my radio fuse. I should of done some reading first

well thanks to ScoobyMods, I found out that I had to cut a wire to stop poping the fuses.

So now my second time connecting it

So im finally done and this is what it looks like

Ok, so I had a question to ALL the scooby owners who have done the swap. When you set the Rev. tach and hit that point does the shift light stay solid? I thought it was supposed to blink and beep?

So tell me what you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good! How difficult was the install? I heard you can seriously screw some things up if you don't do it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    Looks good! How difficult was the install? I heard you can seriously screw some things up if you don't do it correctly.
    It wasnt hard at all, just had to cut a wire but I got the 04 cluster, Ive heard that all other years 05 -07 theres more you have to-do.

Registered User pandasaurus_rex's Avatar
    What about the ODO? I see on the stock instrument cluster that you have 54000 miles. The STi cluster shows 52933. Isn't lowballing the odometer reading illegal?
    Sports Car Club of Vermont #50

Quote Originally Posted by pandasaurus_rex View Post
    What about the ODO? I see on the stock instrument cluster that you have 54000 miles. The STi cluster shows 52933. Isn't lowballing the odometer reading illegal?
    No, Ive talked to a state rep about the laws on odometer swaps and they say if you do it, your mileage will be listed as unknown, so when I sell or smog or whatever, the mileage has to be documented as unknown

The REV alarm should make the red light flash and the chime ring rapidly if the chime has been separately enabled. About three seconds after setting the rpm,you can enable the chime by turning the knob clockwise;you should get an "ON" readout and the chime should ring. I find the chime feature very useful,so I hope that you can get yours to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Slim View Post
    The REV alarm should make the red light flash and the chime ring rapidly if the chime has been separately enabled. About three seconds after setting the rpm,you can enable the chime by turning the knob clockwise;you should get an "ON" readout and the chime should ring. I find the chime feature very useful,so I hope that you can get yours to work.
    yea, I actually figured it out.. I was also wondering if the light stays solid or can you make it blink?

Quote Originally Posted by 02_Rex View Post
    No, Ive talked to a state rep about the laws on odometer swaps and they say if you do it, your mileage will be listed as unknown, so when I sell or smog or whatever, the mileage has to be documented as unknown

this actually sounds really stupid IMO. So why not just swap the odometer of a 200.000K mile car and listed as unknown. In fact, how do they EVEN know which one of the odometers is stock. For all you care you can say that the "stock" odometer is really not the real one and then it gets listed as unknown.

My point is, later down the road, would you actually and realistically sell a car with "unknown" mileage?
    As far as I know in some states, you can at LEAST get a document where it properly stated the OLD mileage and the new one starting at the odometer....
    good pics but find out more about such law, I will be quite doubtfull of buying a car with "unknown" mileage.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by 02_Rex View Post
    yea, I actually figured it out.. I was also wondering if the light stays solid or can you make it blink?
    Sorry,the red light IS steady. I hadn't looked at mine for a long time because of the beeper.

That's a great looking cluster man. I've considered doing this in the past. I have a couple of questions though. Does the DCCD light stay on all the time since you don't have a 6MT, let alone the DCCD? Also, is the outside air temperature reading accurate? Did you hook up a sensor?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by awdrev View Post
    this actually sounds really stupid IMO. So why not just swap the odometer of a 200.000K mile car and listed as unknown. In fact, how do they EVEN know which one of the odometers is stock. For all you care you can say that the "stock" odometer is really not the real one and then it gets listed as unknown.

My point is, later down the road, would you actually and realistically sell a car with "unknown" mileage?
    As far as I know in some states, you can at LEAST get a document where it properly stated the OLD mileage and the new one starting at the odometer....
    good pics but find out more about such law, I will be quite doubtfull of buying a car with "unknown" mileage.

GL
    Well, thats why I was calling around to find out what I can do but they just told me that if it happens Ive called CHP & DMV, they dont document it, and Ive taken a ton of photos before and after the swap with a film camera, I mean if you dont believe that I dont know what you could believe... My biggest concern was the title becoming salvaged somehow but it doesnt, and thats all what I really care about
    Last edited by 02_Rex; 05-10-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    That's a great looking cluster man. I've considered doing this in the past. I have a couple of questions though. Does the DCCD light stay on all the time since you don't have a 6MT, let alone the DCCD? Also, is the outside air temperature reading accurate? Did you hook up a sensor?
    well, the DCCD light will always stay on cant shut that off but it doesnt really bother me... the out side air temp. will move from 37 to 44 and thats not accurate, but I am looking into a sensor