defi boost gauge

This is a discussion on defi boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey , is there a forum anywhere showing how to install a defi boost gauge right? I bought one last ...

defi boost gauge

Hey , is there a forum anywhere showing how to install a defi boost gauge right? I bought one last week, but couldn't find a forum to show me how to install. It did come with directions but i'm a noob so is there anything more simple lol... "more simple than directions" i know.... thanks
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    Bobby tuned @ PRE Stage 2
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 03'WRXtreme View Post
    Hey , is there a forum anywhere showing how to install a defi boost gauge right? I bought one last week, but couldn't find a forum to show me how to install. It did come with directions but i'm a noob so is there anything more simple lol... "more simple than directions" i know.... thanks
    which boost guage did u get? the blue racer or the bf series and i know theres another one but if u don't have the blue racer series you need a controller....if u got that them its real simple to install.....

first decide where you want the controller to be located...some people put it under the steering wheel...others like my self in the arm rest....idk about putting it under the steering wheel but for the arm rest you will need to extend the lines.....ok this is how you do it....take the clock pod out....the conections to the clock is the wires you will need for the controller....the clock will tell you which wire is what and defi will tell you which wire you need to connect....there will be 4 wires.....i suggest not using taps but actually soldering the connections onto the wires....i used taps and found that after a while they don't seem to hold the connection....

once you connect the controller harness....then wire the boost sensor....find a place that you would like the senor sit in the car....make sure that its close to the BPV or by pass valve (located on the intercooler)....i think i used a screw holding down the tube for the A/C....then use the T flange and cut the BPVs vaccume line and tap into that.....connect the hose from the sensor to the T flange....the wire from the senor connects to the controller....there will be a wire that came with the controller that connects to the boost guage....make sure you put the wires in the right spots!!!!! read the directions becuase you can blow fuses if you don't
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    which boost guage did u get? the blue racer or the bf series and i know theres another one but if u don't have the blue racer series you need a controller....if u got that them its real simple to install.....

first decide where you want the controller to be located...some people put it under the steering wheel...others like my self in the arm rest....idk about putting it under the steering wheel but for the arm rest you will need to extend the lines.....ok this is how you do it....take the clock pod out....the conections to the clock is the wires you will need for the controller....the clock will tell you which wire is what and defi will tell you which wire you need to connect....there will be 4 wires.....i suggest not using taps but actually soldering the connections onto the wires....i used taps and found that after a while they don't seem to hold the connection....

once you connect the controller harness....then wire the boost sensor....find a place that you would like the senor sit in the car....make sure that its close to the BPV or by pass valve (located on the intercooler)....i think i used a screw holding down the tube for the A/C....then use the T flange and cut the BPVs vaccume line and tap into that.....connect the hose from the sensor to the T flange....the wire from the senor connects to the controller....there will be a wire that came with the controller that connects to the boost guage....make sure you put the wires in the right spots!!!!! read the directions becuase you can blow fuses if you don't
    It is the blue racer
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~

Can I just use the same T-off hose from where the stock boost gauge reads from? I haven't seen a forum saying take the clock out; more they mention going under the wheel by the fuse box. ground one of the wires and plug the connector end into one of the power slots. Basically can I use the stock wiring from the old stock boost gauge for this one and only have to install the sensor that came with the defi?
    -03 WRX
    238WHP, 245AWTQ
    X-Mitsubishi owner
    ~DIFFERENT STROKES~