Installed Gauges! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Installed Gauges! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DUB They look good, man. Those guages themselves are really nice. The pod is a little too ...

airbag warning light

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    They look good, man. Those guages themselves are really nice. The pod is a little too huge, imo. But still, looks god.

Explain.
    alright, about that airbag sensor issue. So in the installation, the center clock was removed completely, and the gauge pod was put in its place. Well, after a couple minutes of driving, i noticed that the airbag warning light was on, and that it wasnt going away. As you guys might know, on the factory dash clock it has a passenger airbag sensor that decides whether to activate the passenger airbag, i think based on the weight of the person in the seat. At any rate, it was disabled since the clock was removed. But after reading up on it, I learned that the clock was almost like a controller for both airbags. So in order to get rid of the warning light, and ensure the safety of me and my passengers, i had to plug the clock piece back in, and hide it underneath the guage pod, so the clock still works and its in the car, it just isnt visible. But its required on all 06's and up, dont ask me why they decided to make it like that lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's good to know about the clock issue, I have an 07 and am planning on installing my prosport gauges in the next few days.

Oh and the reason the oil pressure sender is difficult on the 06-07 is that apparently there is a coolant hose that routes over the plug normally used for the sender, so you can't get the sender to install there without some creative thinking. I see they have a stainless steel braided hose available for this, I was thinking that any high pressure hose would work as long as it has the 1/8" NPT threads.

Quote Originally Posted by dspowersports View Post

Oh and the reason the oil pressure sender is difficult on the 06-07 is that apparently there is a coolant hose that routes over the plug normally used for the sender, so you can't get the sender to install there without some creative thinking. I see they have a stainless steel braided hose available for this, I was thinking that any high pressure hose would work as long as it has the 1/8" NPT threads.
    For sure, and yeah, when my installer showed how he installed it, it looked kinda complicated. But thats coming from a dude with no mechanic experience, so to each his own

Looks very nice.

Time to upgrade the stock stereo.

The pedals look good for $15. I got some from Autovation for my TR. Was tired of the plain 'ol rubber ones.
    Last edited by FlimFlamMan; 05-06-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    07 WRX
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamMan View Post
    Looks very nice.

Time to upgrade the stock stereo.

The pedals look good for $15. I got some from Autovation for my TR. Was tired of the plain 'ol rubber ones.
    Stereo is DEFENINTLY the next upgrade lol and yah, the plain ol' pedals did suck

the pictures reflect how things look like when i'm not wearing my prescription glasses... lol jk

anyway, your gauges look nice! rock on!

i wanna have gauges too but i'd rather it be discreet. with more and more stupid drivers on the street here in NY wanting to race other drivers on public roads that are rougher than the moon's surface, i dunno if i even want it mounted like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by fragroute View Post
    the pictures reflect how things look like when i'm not wearing my prescription glasses... lol jk

anyway, your gauges look nice! rock on!
    yeah those night shots did come out kinda blurry haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12