Speaker spacers??

This is a discussion on Speaker spacers?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drive a 2004 wrx wagon. It has factory 5.25 inch up front and 4 inch in the rear and ...

Speaker spacers??

I drive a 2004 wrx wagon. It has factory 5.25 inch up front and 4 inch in the rear and I'd like to find some reasonably priced ($100-$150 per set) speakers. The issue seems to be speaker depth. I have spoken to crutchfield and the sales guy didn't know what to do about it and the only ones that would fit were around $500. That being said he might just not have known so I thought I'd post and see what you guys know about this. I did do a search, although not exhaustive, but didn't find anything for this.
    Many thanks...
    '04 WRX Wagon
    Crucial Racing Springs
    Progress Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Helix Endlinks Front and Rear
    SSR Competitions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by daveorama View Post
    I drive a 2004 wrx wagon. It has factory 5.25 inch up front and 4 inch in the rear and I'd like to find some reasonably priced ($100-$150 per set) speakers. The issue seems to be speaker depth. I have spoken to crutchfield and the sales guy didn't know what to do about it and the only ones that would fit were around $500. That being said he might just not have known so I thought I'd post and see what you guys know about this. I did do a search, although not exhaustive, but didn't find anything for this.
    Many thanks...
    in the past i've just made some spacers out of 1/4 or 1/2 inch MDF. Back in the day when the Polk DB series came out we used to have to use a spacer on almost everything those damn things were beefy.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3