removing carpet
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on removing carpet within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am planning to do some sound dampening this weekend and need to remove the interior carpet from my 04 ...

removing carpet

i am planning to do some sound dampening this weekend and need to remove the interior carpet from my 04 STi. There is a clip by the gas pedal that is a large circle, does this just unclip with a flathead. Mine seems pretty solid.

Also is there anything that i should be aware of/have trouble with in removing the carpet. Everything else seems pretty straight forward...let the fun begin!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Carpet Removal

Other then the fact that you have to completely remove the center counsel. The clips just need a flat edge screwdriver on the center piece, then when it pops out the whole assembly comes out. Be carefull removing as one piece or folding it carefully, its sprayed wiht a type of plastic in the center areas and it will kink, so it will look like **** when/IF you put it back in. A friend helps.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2001 Toyota Celica GT-S

The shop manual may help if you've got one. Not that it is particularly detailed, but it provides some guidance.

I'm doing my sound deadening install May 31st weekend. Going with RAAMmat all over the car. What are you using?
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

i was thinking of some sort of spray in liner and then dynamat over top. Of course this means i'll have to let my baby air out for a few days cause i think this stuff stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog8 View Post
    i was thinking of some sort of spray in liner and then dynamat over top. Of course this means i'll have to let my baby air out for a few days cause i think this stuff stinks.
    Did you end up doing it last weekend?
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.