Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a factory navigation system to install in their ...

Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx

hello everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a factory navigation system to install in their 08 wrx. I picked up my car about a month ago it is a pearl white wrx 5dr with premium package and I did not go with the navi package, but I am regretting it now. I know their are after market navi systems that work just as well or better, but I want to keep the look consistent with the rest of the instruments in the car and I would like it to function with subaru accessories.

This is my first time posting so the feed back is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say go to the dealer and see if they'll install it for you. They may charge an arm and a leg, but it'll be subaru parts at least.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

Installing OEM navigation

That was the first thing i tried. I called the dealer to see if they would sell it to me and they said that it was a factory install and the only way they could get one is if they sent a broken one in. thanks for the advice.

Really? So you can't purchase one, you have to send in a broken one to get one. That sounds strange to me. I might try calling another local subie dealer and asking them if you can purchase the parts to do it.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

You should be able to purchase the Nav unit and have it installed at any reputable dealership. Call a different dealership either in the area, or somewhere nearby (if applicable) and ask a different person. That sounds shady to me...

I checked with a different dealer and you were right they will sell it to me, but it is $3300. That is too much for me to spend now. I guess I can always wait to see if I can find one from a wrecking yard.

Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.