Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx

This is a discussion on Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a factory navigation system to install in their ...

Installing OEM navigation in 08 wrx

hello everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a factory navigation system to install in their 08 wrx. I picked up my car about a month ago it is a pearl white wrx 5dr with premium package and I did not go with the navi package, but I am regretting it now. I know their are after market navi systems that work just as well or better, but I want to keep the look consistent with the rest of the instruments in the car and I would like it to function with subaru accessories.

This is my first time posting so the feed back is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say go to the dealer and see if they'll install it for you. They may charge an arm and a leg, but it'll be subaru parts at least.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

Installing OEM navigation

That was the first thing i tried. I called the dealer to see if they would sell it to me and they said that it was a factory install and the only way they could get one is if they sent a broken one in. thanks for the advice.

Really? So you can't purchase one, you have to send in a broken one to get one. That sounds strange to me. I might try calling another local subie dealer and asking them if you can purchase the parts to do it.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

You should be able to purchase the Nav unit and have it installed at any reputable dealership. Call a different dealership either in the area, or somewhere nearby (if applicable) and ask a different person. That sounds shady to me...

I checked with a different dealer and you were right they will sell it to me, but it is $3300. That is too much for me to spend now. I guess I can always wait to see if I can find one from a wrecking yard.

Thanks for the help.