RAAMmat long term impressions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RAAMmat long term impressions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am planning on doing a whole lot of sound deadening in my '05 over the coming months. After doing ...

RAAMmat long term impressions

I am planning on doing a whole lot of sound deadening in my '05 over the coming months. After doing some research and reading past threads I have decided to go with RAAMmat. My goal is to quiet the interior as much as I can. I have a long highway commute to work every day, and coming from a higher end sedan I miss the quiet comfort and solid feel.

By "a whole lot of sound deadening" I mean really going all out. Floors, door, roof, trunk, firewall, etc.

I'm looking for anyone who has installed RAAMmat and had it in their car for a few years. How has it held up? Is it still stuck in all of the places you put it? Has the closed cell foam deteriorated at all?
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump. No one has had RAAMmat for a while?
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    The Octane Thread

Most of the forums members choose to focus on their cars performance, not their audio systems. While it is entirely possible someone else here has used RAAMmat - the odds of them logging on daily to check to see if anyone else has questions regarding it are on the slim side.

If you decide to still go through with this - would you mind taking lots of pictures and documenting the process? This could be a great aid to others.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Most of the forums members choose to focus on their cars performance, not their audio systems. While it is entirely possible someone else here has used RAAMmat - the odds of them logging on daily to check to see if anyone else has questions regarding it are on the slim side.

If you decide to still go through with this - would you mind taking lots of pictures and documenting the process? This could be a great aid to others.
    Well I'm not really doing it for the sound system. It's honestly to quiet down the interior. I'm new to the WRX and to be honest the thing is very tinny. I've read a bit about it on here so I know there are people on this forum who have done it for similar reasons.

I am planning on taking lots of pics and doing a nice writeup. I'll be doing it over labor-day weekend. I already have space reserved in my bro's garage for the long weekend. Should be fun!
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    The Octane Thread

man i plan on pulling most of mine out... then again im used to my old focus which made my WRX feel like a BMW on the inside hopefully i can pull out around 50lbs of stuff! ill deff read your article though, should be a good heads up and write up on how to pull it all apart!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    I have plans on Raamatting my car and posted a thread about it, but buying a house took precedence. After I get into my house, If I decide I'll keep my car for a while, I'll do it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Hello Im new to forum but not to RAAMmat,

heres the story I did quite a bit of research about sound deadening and found that RAATmat would be the best for me, I have a 99 ext cab tacoma right now (Looking for a AW or SWP WRX right now they are very hard to come by) back on track,

i completely tore out my interior 2 years ago and laid down 3 layers on outer door skins and 2 more on the inner door skin, 2-3 layers along the floor and up the firewall, and all the way to the back of the truck. the only thing that was not done was the roof. also i laid layer of ensolite on top of the SD to absorb sounds.

Overall after 2 years I'm completely 100% happy no problems whatsoever no peeling, smell, or rattles. before putting it in I had to raise my voice to talk to the people in my truck on the freeway going 75mph after installation the difference is unbelievable. also I put about 90-100sq feet in my truck so your gonna need probably a lot more...

Paul

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Paul!

BTW welcome to the club. Great first post.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    The Octane Thread

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought I'd follow up with my impressions after owning a Raammatted car for a few months. I did the install over labor-day weekend, so I've had about 4.5 months experience with it. See this thread for install info.

My initial opinion was that it didn't make much of a difference. However, I rode in my brother's 02 rex a couple of weeks ago and realized that it actually did quite a lot. His car was far louder (both are stock) at all speeds. Wind noise was more noticeable, tire noise was awful, I felt like I could hear the gear whine from the rear diff (I was in the back seat).

Opening and closing the doors was like night and day, the non-soundproofed rex feels like a tin can in comparison to mine. So I'm actually rather pleased with the results now.

As far as I know the product has held up quite well. The only place I can easily see it is on the inside of the trunk, and nothing has peeled off through extreme heat and cold. It's held up better than I thought it would.
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    The Octane Thread

Thanks for the info, I may be doing this at least in the doors in my 09 to combat the speaker rattles.

QFT
    Good to know. I hate how loud the road noise is in my 06.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.