'08 Sti dvd navigation system

This is a discussion on '08 Sti dvd navigation system within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just purchased my first Sti. It came with a dvd navigation system but when the car is in motion the ...

'08 Sti dvd navigation system

Just purchased my first Sti. It came with a dvd navigation system but when the car is in motion the video shuts off as a safety feature I understand the reason for this but it would be handy for passengers to watch movies on longer road trips. Does anyone know if there is a bypass for this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not saying it's wise nor am I suggesting that you do this...but I believe it will work to lift the hand brake to the first click. That should fool the system into thinking that you're parked.
    Last edited by mixnitlive; 04-15-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added info
    '08 Sedan w/ Navi

Quote Originally Posted by mixnitlive View Post
    Not saying it's wise nor am I suggesting that you do this...but I believe it will work to lift the hand brake to the first click. That should fool the system into thinking that you're parked.

Won't that still engage the brake a little? I thought about doing that too but I was afraid the brake would engage. I called a stereo shop in town and they told me for 350 bucks they can install something on it that would allow the dvd to play.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaneCorso View Post
    Won't that still engage the brake a little? I thought about doing that too but I was afraid the brake would engage. I called a stereo shop in town and they told me for 350 bucks they can install something on it that would allow the dvd to play.
    yes it would not a good idea to pull the ebrake, you need a stereo shop to disable the feature, i am not sure if 350 is a good price for that or not.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Yes there is a way to bypass it. Search and you will find the answer.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Do your self a favor and find out which one is the relay switch for the handbrake. I have a Kenwood DDX6019 that plays DVD's and this was a problem i came to. All you have to do is find that line and ground it. Once its gorunded the system thinks the ebrake is engaged.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    Perrin Catless UP,Invidia Catted DP,
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #77"Where 06 & 07 Unite"

Quote Originally Posted by INFARED View Post
    Do your self a favor and find out which one is the relay switch for the handbrake. I have a Kenwood DDX6019 that plays DVD's and this was a problem i came to. All you have to do is find that line and ground it. Once its gorunded the system thinks the ebrake is engaged.

+1. This is very easy to do. Did this in my Z and my 05 wrx
    05' Saabaru

So where is the relay switch for the handbrake?