Removing trim around shift boot

This is a discussion on Removing trim around shift boot within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm trying to hard wire my GPS near the ash tray (windshield mounts are illegal in Minnesota) in ...

Question Removing trim around shift boot

Hey guys,

I'm trying to hard wire my GPS near the ash tray (windshield mounts are illegal in Minnesota) in my '03 WRX but I cant figure out how to remove the trim around the shift boot/underneath the ashtray without scratching the trim. Will removing that piece allow access to the wires behind the cigarette adapter? Does it just pop out or are there screws that need to be taken out?

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    pops out. start at the back.

I believe the piece right under the ashtray, though, is all part of the console..I'd have to go look at mine, again
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Ok, here's what I'm looking at now:

http://i27.tinypic.com/1493yao.jpg

No access to the wires as I was hoping. Anyone know how to get access to the cigarette lighter wires without ripping the entire dash apart?

Well guess all I needed was a little trial and error. My very first mod done! $15 and a few bloody knuckles. No ugly wires and I can still charge my cell phone.

Thanks.