Tach/Neutral Safety Switch. Car alarm help!

This is a discussion on Tach/Neutral Safety Switch. Car alarm help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i bought an AutoMate AM9 today and installed it myself (first time ever doing something like this) and ...

Tach/Neutral Safety Switch. Car alarm help!

hey guys i bought an AutoMate AM9 today and installed it myself (first time ever doing something like this) and it turned out great! i have all the door locks and lights working. but i want to get the Remote Start/Turbo timer functions working. i did alot of searching and did find that my 03 MT wrx has a neutral safety wire somewhere but i have no idea where. and from what i have read there is a solid green wire comeing out from the back of the tach for the tachometer hookup.

so i guess my question is where is this neutral wire?

can i hook it up to the E-Brake wire so it will only start if the E-Brake is on instead if i cant find that wire?

and is that green wire comeing from the back of the cluster the right wire?

and any other info i might need

Thank you!
    Curtis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're looking for the wire that's connected to the button underneath the clutch pedal that prevents the car from being started while it's in gear. Do you normally park the car in gear or out of gear?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    You're looking for the wire that's connected to the button underneath the clutch pedal that prevents the car from being started while it's in gear. Do you normally park the car in gear or out of gear?
    ALWAYS out of gear. i started doing that a while back in hopes that one day i would get a remote start.

is it just one wire comeing from that button? wich one do i tap into?

Thanks!
    Curtis

bump

anyone have anymore insight for me?

Thanks!
    Curtis